Red string of death

"Kanade.. You're back." Miku said, in a monotone voice again. Kanade coughed a bit before she could reply. "Yeah.. Where's Yuki?" Kanade asked, wanting to save her already. "Are you sick..? But.. She isn't here yet." Miku said. 

"Oh, okay. I'll just hang around here.. somewhere." Kanade walked off, the place used to be cold, but now it's even colder. Hanging around somewhere in the middle of a few pillars, and more. She sat down near a triangular shape. "It's cold." Kanade said, looking down in the ground, trying to warm herself up she rubbed her arm slightly. "Yuki.. I'll save you." Kanade then started coughing. Covering her mouth with both hands, flowers were blooming inside her mouth. Spitting everything out, and continue trying to cough softly incase Miku would hear. 

"Miku?" A monotone voice said. Kanade jumped, realizing who it was. Trying to get up, she coughed again, stumbling down  quietly. Kanade groaned, and tried to get up once again. Slowly walked to the middle of where she was. There was a gap between the pillars and other things. Mafuyu averted her eyes to a figure and grumbled.

Except she noticed something was wrong with Kanade. Her back was slouched alot more than usual. She looked very tired and drowsy, and she was desperately gasping for air. Soon Kanade had collapsed.

Mafuyu gasped, and ran over to Kanade. Mafuyu's arm around Kanade, looking at Kanade's face, as she was struggling to stay alive. "K?" Mafuyu said in a soft, worried tone, not her usual monotone voice. 

"Ah-- Yuki.. Wait, Listen to-" Kanade couldn't finish the song without coughing more flowers, "t--the song.." Kanade said, mustering the strength to smile atleast one more time. "K.. A-Are you okay? What's with the flowers? Why are you coughing them up?" Mafuyu said, extremely worried, You could see in her eyes they weren't lifeless, they didn't show hatred, or dullness. 

Kanade continued to smile, knowing it was her last. "Your eyes are pretty." Mafuyu gasped loudly, her eyes turning teary. "K.. What are you talking about." Mafuyu's voice was brittle, and low. "I'll save you, Yuki. Even if it means death, please.. Don't disappear." Kanade's eyes were teary too, her lungs were slowly giving up.

The string on their fingers were fading away, indicating one is dying. "K! Wait... No.. I'm sorry, this is my fault isn't it?" Mafuyu said, starting to cry. She sobbed softly and hugged Kanade tighter. Kanade tried to move her arm, she wanted to hug her back. Forcing herself, she was able to. "I love you, Mafuyu." Kanade said, her eyes closing, and her hands and head faltering. 

"..I'm sorry." Mafuyu said, continuing to sob loudly. 

"Mafuyu?" "Miku! Please, you got to help her!" Mafuyu practically begged, her face was red from crying. Eyes teary, causing her eyes to shine. Miku's eyes widened seeing Kanade. Miku couldn't do anything so she sent both Kanade and Mafuyu back.

"Yuki!" A voice screamed in the hall way. Mafuyu had her usual expressionless face. Turning to the voice who just screamed, the girl suddenly slapped her. "How could you..! This is your fault! If it weren't for you K wouldn't have to go through this!" Ena bawled. "Enanan..! Calm down.." Mizuki tried to stop Ena from going berserker on Mafuyu. 

....

Soon, Nightcord at 25:00 has been disbanded. People commenting on their recent videos, wondering when is the next time they'll post. 

....

"Kanade.." A toneless voice said.. Mafuyu was wearing headphones, listening to music. It was raining, a foggy scenery. The music.. Was the song Kanade wanted to use to save Mafuyu. Maybe it did save her. She wished Kanade would have known. Now she was in her grave, silently sitting down infront of it. 

"Kanade... I hope you know you saved me.. I love you too."