─Chapter Five

Story: The Titans of Secrets
Chapter Five: The Argument

At dawn, the sun's rays streamed through the dormitory window, warming Ginny's face. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up on the edge of the bed. The wooden floor beneath her feet was cold. Yawning, she stretched her sore legs and looked around. The umbrella sat there, it's dark green hue proving a contrast to the sun's bright rays. Moments from the previous day flashed through her mind and she felt her cheeks warm up involuntarily.

"Morning, Ginny. Are you okay?" Hermione asked, sitting up on her bed and yawning lightly. Soft snores of the other girls filled the silence as Ginny fumbled with her blanket before throwing it away and getting up.

"Good morning, Hermione. Yeah, I'm good," she said, walking to the washroom. Unfortunately for her, she hit the wall and jumped back, muttering a choice curse word.

"I can see you aren't," Hermione pointed out. Ginny waved her off and immediately took to the washroom, eager for the warm water to sooth her body and mind. Hermione was left behind with a contemplative expression.

________________

Breakfast was a relaxing affair for the petite witch. Chatting with Gilligan and Luna seemed to be much more refreshing to her mind than an hot shower.

"Can you please pass me the bagels?" Gilligan asked from across her. She smiled before passing the bowl containing fresh bagels. "These two really hit it off yesterday, didn't they?" He jabbed a finger at Ron and Hermione's direction. Hermione was giggling at some joke which her brother had presumably made. Ron's expression however, was blissful. Ginny nodded slightly, adoring her brother and her best friend's happiness.

"Good morning!" a cheerful voice came as someone slipped into the empty seat beside Ginny. Startled for a second, she shrieked, catching everyone's eye.

"Harry!" Neville greeted him as everyone turned away to their own businesses. Harry smiled at the boy.

"I'm sorry if I startled you," he apologized with a guilty smile to Ginny who was looking at him with widened eyes.

"No – no problem. I'm okay. Yeah, okay. . ." she reassured, more to herself. Harry looked convinced so he let her nervousness pass. Her eyes met Gilligan's for a mere second and she saw a new emotion in his green ones. Something which she could not figure out.

"What's the first class for you, Gil?" Harry asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Defense," Gilligan mumbled, almost inaudibly.

"I'm sure you will enjoy it," Harry assured after observing his brother for a while. Gilligan made no move to reply back and awkward tension rose among the brothers. Ginny, being in the middle, felt rather hot.

"I need some air," Gilligan said finally, standing up before leaving with an hurried goodbye to the Gryffindors. Ginny turned to look at Harry who was wearing a apprehensive look. He got up as well.

"I need to finish the potions homework. I'll catch up with you guys soon," he excused himself and followed Gilligan on his way out. It was Ginny's turn to contemplate. She definitely did not want to third wheel on Neville and Luna and Ron and Hermione so she did the best possible thing – she left for the 'library'.

Following the brothers from a little distance, she came to a halt when Harry grabbed his brother's arm and forced him to stop. She crept towards the siblings stealthily and hid behind a pillar.

"Why did mum and dad come over yesterday?" Harry asked.

"It's none of your business."

"It is! I'm your brother and their son too!"