10. The fear

The alarm clock rings. My birthday was almost a week ago. I had a strange dream. In the dream I was 5 years old again and my father disappeared into the blib again. But instead of Natasha picking me up, I get picked up by Odin, well this Odin, the father of Loki and Thor. Just like that. Still slightly confused, I made my bed and put on my outfit for today's school day. I wore a lavender jumper that was oversized and mom jeans with holes. I walked into the kitchen and saw my dad making breakfast. " What are you making? ", I asked him. " Pancakes. I'm almost ready too. You can make us some tea". I went to the water cooker and poured some water into it. When I turned on the water heater I saw something. I couldn't identify it. "Are you alright? " my father asked me worriedly. "Yes, I've just been seeing things I can't identify lately. " I explained to him. We ate breakfast, I brushed my teeth afterwards and packed my school things in my backpack. I said goodbye to my father. I opened a portal and went into the school like that. I saw Erin and went to her. "Hey, what's up ?", I asked. "I'll probably be sleeping over again from tomorrow, My mum is having one of her aggressive phases again. ". "Yeah, it's no problem, we're like siblings anyway.", "Ok, that's very reassuring. " . Erin's mother has these phases all the time. It's probably because her husband, Erin's father, left her before she knew she was pregnant and nobody saw anything of him after he disappeared. Now Erin suffers from these angry outbursts and doesn't know how to help her mother. She has tried many things, but nothing has worked. Well, then here comes me, whose birth mother abandoned her. Yes, Natasha was my mother for 5 years and she took really good care of me and Erin, but all these years I have the conversation between my father and me in the back of my mind and I remember that she was "only" there for us because the universe wanted it that way. The bell rings for first period. Me and Erin enter the classroom. About half of the class is staring at us. I ignore it as best I can. I don't want to freak out again. I have my strength more under control, but I'm still afraid of hurting someone. I get through the hours before the noon break as best I can. "I'm kind of tired," I said to Erin. "I didn't sleep long and when I fell asleep I had another one of those weird dreams. Erin is looking deep into mine with her lillan eyes.

(I forgot, I haven't described Erin to you yet. She has long purple hair and purple eyes:

 She has long purple hair and purple eyes:

and when she uses her powers they look like this :

.)

"Have you told your father yet?" she asked quite seriously. "No, I haven't yet.". I thought about how to tell him. How to tell him that I'm still afraid of his disappearance, even though he's been back for almost 4 years.