Chapter 2 - Mia

I woke up to the sound of Allison knocking on my door. I got up and was presented with a small plate of food and a glass of chocolate milk.

"I wanted to come wake you up since you don't have an alarm clock in here yet. I also thought you'd be hungry so I brought you some breakfast. I'll let you eat in here while you get ready for school, but tomorrow we would love for you to join us downstairs for breakfast if you are feeling up to it."

I looked up at my new mom and smiled to myself. I loved the feeling of having a family. I took the food from Allison and sat it on my vanity. I then when and hugged Allison.

"Thank you for wanting me," I said.

"You're welcome, sweetie. We know this will take a minute to adjust to so we'll give you all the time you need."

With that, Allison walked out of my room so I could get ready for school. I had no idea what to wear, so I threw on my favorite pair of skinny jeans and navy blue hoodie. I put my curly brown hair into a high ponytail and pulled out a few pieces to frame my face. I sat at my vanity and ate the eggs and bacon that Allison had given me and downed the chocolate milk, which just so happened to be my favorite. I brushed my teeth and put on some mascara and chap-stick.

When I finished my makeup, I went to the closet to find multiple pairs of shoes. And they all just happened to be my size. I slipped on a pair of black converse and grabbed the backpack that was sitting in the corner next to the door. I grabbed my dishes and went down the stairs. I headed strait to the kitchen to rinse the dishes, then met my new family in the living room.

"You ready to go?" Zander asked.

I answered with a simple, "Yeah."

Allison gave us both a hug, and with that we were on our way.