Chapter 6 - Mia

He continued holding my hand all the way to his house. He held it as though it was the most natural thing to him. When we pulled up to his house, we sat there in silence, and he made no move to let go of my hand. I looked up at him slightly confused, and he looked right back at me. He shook his head a little bit, and it seemed like he was snapping out of a daze.

"Sorry," he said. He let go of my hand, and I frowned internally, not liking the feeling of emptiness.

"It's okay," I answered. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Should we head inside?"

"Sure," I said.

He got out of the car and came around to open my door for me. He held out his hand for me to take and helped me up out of the car. He grabbed the pizza from the back seat and led me to the front door. Once inside, he went to the kitchen to put the pizza on the counter.

He called out to me, "Make yourself at home. Living room is to your right. My parents are out of town for a few days so we have the house to ourselves."

"Okay," I called back to him. I turned to the right like he had instructed and I was met with a very spacious living room. The couch looked expensive, as did a lot of the furniture. I walked over to the couch and sat down, waiting for him to return. He walked in a few minutes later, holding two bottles of water. He offered one to me and I gladly accepted it.

"My room is upstairs. We can go there or stay down here. Whatever you prefer."

"We can go up, I don't mind," I said.

He grabbed my bag for me and led me up the carpeted stairs, up to his room. He opened the door for me and the first thing I saw was a beautiful guitar hanging on his wall.

"You play?" I asked.

"I'm learning," he said. "It was a gift a few years ago."

"It's very pretty." And it was. It was the most beautiful shade of green I had ever seen.

"Thank you," he said. "We should probably get to studying." He gestured to his bed, indicating for me to sit. I walked over and sat down carefully, not wanting to mess up his neatly made bed. He sat down next to me, accidentally placing his hand on my thigh, which caused me to inhale sharply. I was hoping he hadn't heard it, but of course, he did.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I wasn't paying attention."

"It's alright, I promise."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," I said. I gave him a small smile, which he returned. He bent down to grab his book out of his bag, and I did the same. We both turned to the correct page and started to work on our project. We worked for about and hour or so, and before we knew it we were done.

"Thanks for coming over to work on this with me," he said.

I turned to him and smiled. "It's no problem at all. I like hanging out with you."

"Me too. Do you think we can maybe do it again sometime?" he asked.

"I'm free so sure."

"Alright," he said. "I should probably take you home now, its almost 9pm."

"Okay," I said. We both went to stand up. But of course, my shoe had caught on the other and I tripped. Right before I fell sideways, Zay reached his arms out to catch me. He stood me upright and my hands went to his chest to balance myself. Even though I was stable again, he didn't let go. He stared into my eyes and didn't look away. I stared back, all thoughts lost in his eyes. Before I could comprehend what was happening, his lips were on mine, in a deep, passionate kiss. I melted into him, craving more.

Of course, this was not my first kiss, but it sure was the best one so far. We kissed for what felt like forever. His grip tightened around my waist and my hands slid up and around his neck, tangling in his hair, and pulling him closer. When we finally pulled away for air, he rested his forehead on mine, both of us breathing hard. He looked into my eyes and I knew right then and there. I was hooked on this boy.