003

The next day Kuroo went to the room across his, he knocked at a door and heared someone say "come in." Kuroo walked in and saw an old lady laying down in the hospital bed.

"Hello ma'am is Kenma here..?" Kuroo asked while standing beside the door "Oh you must be the guy who became my grandsons friend..?" The old lady said 'Oh so he  considers me his friend?' Kuroo thought "Yeah!" Kuroo replied smiling looking like he was about to jump around like a little kid.

"Kenma's not here right now, he went out to buy stuff." The old lady said "Oh okay can you please tell Kenma that i came to look for him when he comes back?" Kuroo asked "Yeah sure but come on in, don't leave yet." The old lady offered.

"Oh okay.." Kuroo said closing the door behind him and sitting down at the chair beside the old ladies bed. "Do you wanna talk about anything darling?" The old lady asked Kuroo. "Well yeah... Kenma looked like he was mad at me yesterday." Kuroo said scratching the back of his head

"What did you tell him darling?" The old lady asked in a soft voice "Well i asked him why he was always so mean..." Kuroo replied being embarrassed saying it.

"Ohhh well let me tell you a story, when he was a kid he wasn't really a mean kid in fact he was really energetic and was happy all the time until his mom died." The old lady explained how Kenma's mom died and how he blamed himself and all.

"Ohh... i should be really careful with my words." Kuroo said looking sad after hearing Kenma's story. The old lady and Kuroo talked for hours. After 4 long hours Kenma came back seeing Kuroo talking to his grandma.

"Kuroo? What are you doing here?" Kenma asked confused "I was looking for you earlier but then me and your grandma started sharing stories." Kuroo said smiling. "Okay i guess.." Kenma said. Hours went by and Kuroo and Kenma's grandma was still talking about stuff while kenma was sleeping on the couch

"By the way.. thank you for being my grandson's friend. I hope you take good care of him." Kenma's grandma said looking at Kenma sleeping on the couch and then looked back at Kuroo "Don't worry ma'am i'll take good care of him.. and actually im thankful for meeting him.. The hospital used to be so quiet and lonely until he came. So thank you." Kuroo said smiling at Kenma's grandma.

"By the way darling why are you here?" Kenma's grandma asked "Oh i have a disease called ALS." Kuroo said "Oh.. that's really serious, for how long?" Kenma's grandma asked "For like 2 years." Kuroo replied. "So you have 1-3 years left?" Kenma's grandma asked.

"Yeah and im trying to have fun while im still alive!" Kuroo replied with a smile on his face "That's nice i hope you live a happy life darling." Kenma's grandma replied.

Kenma yawned and sat up "oh you're still here?" Kenma said looking at Kuroo "Obviously." Kuroo said sarcastically "Do you wanna go stargazing later?" Kuroo asked Kenma.

"Yeah sure why not.." Kenma replied after an hour Kuroo left the room and went back to his. Kenma sat on the chair Kuroo was sitting on earlier, His grandma started telling him stories and he listened until it was dark again.

Kenma waited for his grandma to fall asleep and went to Kuroo's room "Hey wanna go to the garden now?" Kenma asked walking in Kuroo's room. "Yeah let's go!" Kuroo replied.

They both started walking down the hallways "So you play volleyball?" Kuroo looked at kenma. "How did you know....?" Kenma asked in a low voice "Oh you're grandma told me everything... sorry i didn't tell you immediately." Kuroo replied looking down on the floor. 'really grandma you really have to tell him?' Kenma thought "yeah it's okay i guess, just don't tell anyone." Kenma said.

"Don't worry i won't tell anyone i'll die anyways and i don't even have friends." Kuroo said laughing out loud. Kenma stopped walking and looked at Kuroo "Oh right its night people are sleeping..." Kuroo whispered "don't say that..." Kenma whispered "huh?" kuroo stopped walking and looked at kenma. "don't say you're going to die." Kenma said seriously looking at Kuroo.

"Oh.. yeah sorry about that..." Kuroo replied avoiding eye contact and started walking again. They we're both heading towards the garden and it was quiet, Kuroo didn't know that Kenma would get upset with what he said. After walking for minutes they finally reached the garden and sat down on the bench they were sitting on the other day.

"Hey Kenma." Kuroo said looking at the sky "Yeah?" Kenma replied while also looking at the sky. "Can i tell you something?" Kuroo looked at Kenma with a serious look "yeah..." Kenma said in a low voice still looking at the sky.

"To be honest i'm scared, I don't wanna die yet." Kuroo said still looking at Kenma. "Don't be scared, i'll be here for you." Kenma whispered "Really? I thought you didn't like me." Kuroo stood up laughing "I don't" Kenma replied and also started laughing.

They were both laughing so much Kuroo started coughing "You okay?" Kenma asked. "Yeah i'm fine, by the way what's your phone number?" Kuroo asked while pulling out his phone and giving it to Kenma. "Oh yeah give me your phone." Kenma took Kuroo's phone and put his number in "Here." Kenma giving back the phone to Kuroo "I texted you save my number." Kuroo said looking at Kenma.

They both sat down on the bench and started talking "Hey Kenma do you still play volleyball?" Kuroo asked "No not anymore." Kenma said in a soft voice. "To be honest i used to play volleyball when i was younger. But i stopped when i found out i had a disease" Kuroo said looking at Kenma.

"Hey kuroo." Kenma said in a low voice "yeah?" kuroo replied still looking at Kenma. "When's your birthday?" Kenma asked Kuroo was still looking at Kenma and he was confused "That's so random. But it's on November 17."
Kenma said still looking confused. "2 months away." Kenma whispered.

"Why'd you ask?" Kuroo asked.

"Do you wanna play volleyball on your birthday?" Kenma asked looking at Kuroo.

They're both now looking at eachother Kuroo's eye sparkled like the stars. "YES! I'd love to!!!" Kuroo stood up looking at Kenma.

Kenma looked at Kuroo and genuinely smiled "I guess that would be your birthday gift." Kenma chuckled. Kuroo heartbeat started beating faster 'am i dying?' He thought 'nah i think it's just because of Kenma." Kuroo thought and started laughing with Kenma.