Impulsive

Rick was silent as he busied himself watching their surroundings. The infinite space spanned out in front of them graced with no ending in sight, which was a sight commonplace for the majority of Ricks and Mortys alike. The stars were but flecks with the speed they were cruising as they streamed into lines as thin as a strand of hair. It was always a calming view to Sanchez.

After the outburst, Morty had soon passed out in the passenger seat. It lasted but a few minutes as the blue haired man stayed as still as possible not to disturb him, hands hovering around him like an aura instead of an embrace like before. His tears made Rick cautious, so he didn't want to go too far. The scientist had moved him into the other seat due once deeply asleep to be focused on flying. While autopilot was very handy at times and could have continued its activation, it drained more energy, so he tries to keep the sessions short.

Currently the boy was curled up on his side against the seat's back while facing away from the door, front towards Sanchez. Drool and dried streams of tears stained his face as he slept. Despite the messy face, Morty looked fairly comfortable. For Rick, his lab coat was scuffed up from where Morty had it balled into his hands. He would have to do some laundry once they return home, but it was the least of his concerns currently.

Soon after Morty had fallen asleep, Rick had decided to call his school and inform them that the boy would be absent for the next week due to a 'family emergency'. He somewhat knew that Morty wouldn't be able to handle school in full throttle just yet as he observed in the restaurant, however he dismissed it, and now decided to give him a bit more time. It would also provide Sanchez with less time-sensitive opportunities to get his grandson supplies for class and to charge his portal gun instead of relying on the ship for transportation.

The principal seemed skeptical over the phone, questioning what exactly was going on, but Sanchez shrugged it off by reassuring he would be back next Monday. None of his business anyways.

Thankfully the school didn't have such strict absence policies. Or perhaps they did but they just weren't enforced enough to matter. Either way, it was better for them.

Rick was now sitting back, one hand on the wheel while his other rested behind his head. He had launched them into space not long ago to head for dimension E-715. It was now twenty after six, meaning he would have an hour or two to get Summer's ship back to the house before getting an earful about it. It really depends on whether she wakes a bit early or not.

His right leg was extended out into the floorboard which prevented the largest pile of empty bottles of booze from jingling around so much with his shoe, holding them in place. It was another subconscious action he had made when considering Morty and his slumber. A few rouge clinks chirped occasionally from turbulence but it wasn't enough to stir him.

Thinking about his next plan to get Summer's ship back, it may be a bit more difficult than he anticipated. Theoretically he could have Morty attempt to man one once he was awake and follow Sanchez back the way they came, but the boy's flying wasn't great on his own. If trouble was to stir while they were trailing together Rick would have to maneuver just right to flip backwards and accommodate for what would probably be the shitshow to follow.

Simply considering government soldiers randomly flooding in and targeting Morty first had Rick's blood boil with distaste. Summer's ship is just barely smaller than Rick's, which he decided would be the one he would give Morty to pilot. Smaller spacecraft are candy to the Gromflomites depending on their skills with ships engaging in a shoot off. While being smaller of a hitbox they can also be weak against heavy weaponry if flown incorrectly or too carelessly. It's common knowledge that slimmer and compressed ships are more speedy than those larger but it all is based on who's controlling it, and that determines who has the advantage.