The Blind sheep

On December 21st, 1994 around the time of 7:30 pm. A call was received from VanRiper's residence from a distressed mother. As she described her son Micheal VanRiper was found dead in his room, with multiple cuts and scratches. The family said a scream was heard before they entered the room. The man seemed to be staring at a television screen at the time of death. What is strange, however. No sign of a struggle, nor force entry had been presented in the room.

Evidence collected. A disc and a note are attached to the VHS tape left behind by Michael. Addressed to Luther Artwright.

The disc seemed to be an old demo of past sonic games. Michael was known to enjoy these video games of his. There's nothing out of the ordinary for it.

The VHS tape seemed to be a bunch of photos from a missing female.

Persons Question.

Michael's Wife: Hilda VanRiper
Michael's Brother: Christopher VanRiper.

Christopher VanRiper was questioned a few hours after the police investigated. He was the most talkative and the most cooperative during his questioning.

Christopher VanRiper tape 0001

Detective: So what was your brother like?

Christopher: He was a uptight guy. Never bothered with anyone. He just kinda did he own thing. I just stopped by to visit him. It still hurts in a way. No-one really hate him for anything.

Detective: Tell me something, do you know the girl in this photo?

Christopher: I think that was his old college pal. Her name was...

December 15th 1994.

A young man walks into his living room with his family. Michael's brother is watching a show on the T.V.

Christopher: Good Morning, Big bro.

Michael: Morning to you as well.

Christopher: You guys have to upgrade this cable package you have. There's nothing good on this.

Michael: Well, I'm sorry our cable doesn't fit your needs. Sounds like you need to get a house of your own.

Christopher: Your suppose to treat your guest with honor.

Michael: You sat down and eat all the food in the fridge, so your doing just fine.

Hilda: Morning honey, there's some mail for you outside.

Michael: Alright, I'll get it.

Michael walks outside and opens his mailbox. He takes out some letters and head back inside. His foot however steps on something. Michael checks under his feet to find a disc.

Michael: The hell's this...... Sonic.exe?

Michael inspects the disc. He finds it's inside of perfect condition despite it being on the ground. Michael rests the mail on the stand and heads to his office upstairs.

Michael's curiosity leads him to put the disc into his computer. He opens the disc and finds it's a sonic beta disc.

Michael: It's just a game. Hmmm,

Michael starts to walk around from his computer, that's when.

Ding!

A notepad pop-up opens on his computer.