Chapter 8

"Anjali!" I hear Tina's voice ringing out behind me, followed by rushed footsteps as she comes running towards us.

"Hey Jai, Zara" Tina nods her head at both of them as she comes to a stop beside me.

"Hey Tina" Zara waves at Tina as Jai also smiles and waves his hand at her.

"I'm so sorry, I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I'm afraid I'll have to whisk Anjali away" Tina smiles apologetically.

"Oh, no, no, it's all good we understand" Zara waves her hand in our direction.

"Yeah we just wanted to congratulate her for the debate, we'll be on our way" Jai tells Tina, he turns towards me, "Good job once again" and with that, both him and Zara walk off.
"Ughhh, I was so embarrassing" I whine as I hold my head in my hands. Tina and I are walking towards the school gates.

"Yeah, I know, I was watching from a distance but could tell you got all flustered at the end, you're welcome" Tina says grinning.

"For what...?" I ask confused.

"For saving your butt from further embarrassment" Tina snorts.

I narrow my eyes at her as I give her a questioning glare, "I'm sure it wasn't that bad that I needed rescuing."

"Are you serious? You looked like a fish out of water, and you were making so many hand gestures so I knew you were stammering" Tina adds. It's scary how well she knows me.

"Right, well whatever, it's all over now, we don't need to focus on the details anymore" I say, hoping Tina would stop reminding me of how pathetic I actually looked, a blush already spreading over my cheeks.

"Fine, fine, I'll let you off the hook" Tina grins, smiling as she hooks her arm into mine.

"Well, this is me" I say as we walk out of the school gates, Tina normally turns right to get picked up and I turn left towards the bus stop.

"No, it isn't" Tina tightens her grip around my arm and drags me with her.

"Tina, I'm going to miss my bus" I say exasperatedly, constantly turning around to look in the direction of the bus stop I am walking further away from with every step.

"Yes, you are" Tina says assertively as she pulls me forward towards her car.

"Tina you know I can't go with you, your house is in a different direction, I've told you I can't let you go out of your way for me" I say, reprimanding her.

"Yeah, yeah, which is why you don't let me drop you home everyday and choose to go in a bus" Tina raises her eyebrow at me, "Well, not today, it's a big day for you, I'm not letting you go home in a bus today as well."

She opens the back door for me, "well?" she interjects. I give her an annoyed look as I slide into the seat. Tina follows suit and closes the door behind her.

I'm sitting cross-armed, still upset at Tina when she gives out instructions to her driver, "Anjali's house please"

"Yes madam"

I give her a pointed look which she immediately shrugs off as she smiles heartedly.

The driver parks in the second carpark assigned to our apartment and opens the car door for both Tina and I. I thank him as he shuts the door behind us.

"You can go back home if you want Jack, I'll be here a while" Tina tells the driver as we make our way to the lifts.

"That's alright madam" Jack bows towards Tina, Tina nods and holds onto my hand as she rushes towards the lift, pressing on the button to call for one. I watch as the lift arrives and Jack is still standing upright with his hands together in front of him by the car.