Chapter Eight

Death had listed what the other Horcruxes were, where they were, and any other information he had on them. Minerva McGonagall had sent a letter to James, she wanted to meet the mini Potter. "Mistress didn't care for the feline professor, but it might be because of Dumbledore," Death told him. James knew Minnie had let a lot of things happen to his daughter without helping her, such as not believing her about the Stone or helping with the pink toad. Merlin, she let him and the other Marauders get away with so much, but that could've been his Potter Luck, but she still should've stopped them. "Come in, Reggie," James suddenly said. The younger Black brother slowly moved into the room, he had been cleared to move around, but not strain himself. "Where's Morgana?" he asked, noticing the child wasn't with James.

"She's napping," James replied, sitting down the parchment with a sigh. Another letter had come from Dumbledore; this one had been charmed to make him listen to whatever the goat had said.

"Sirius?"

"Getting the cup from Bellatrix's vault," James answered.

"What do you look exhausted about?" Regulus asked. James could go on, 'Oh, I don't know, I have a baby who's mentally in her teens from another timeline who looks at Padfoot and I like we're about fall over and die so she doesn't want to be separate from us. I'm trying to piece together what I need to do to bring Tom Riddle back. I have to deal with Dinglydick and Snivellus. I have to eventually deal with the redheaded bimbo while also keeping track of what could happen if I don't change certain things so my daughter can have a better life all while trying to get to know my soulmate sitting in front of me. How was your day, Regulus?' he thought. "McGonagall wants me to meet her so she can meet Morgana and Dumbledore found out and wants to meet with me and Sirius," he said.

"And you're trying to figure out how to get the diadem at the same time?" Regulus assumed.

"I need to get another item; I don't trust it near Dumbledore. Maybe two things," James corrected him, "I have an idea, but I need another person to come with. I can't ask the Longbottoms, I've seen how tired Alice and Frank are now that Neville is teething. Pandora and Xeno just had a baby. Sirius is already helping by getting the cup and helping with the research that he can find in the Black library which you'll probably end up helping there too. Remus and Marlene are looking into ways to publically expose Dumbledore while looking into laws that he's passed and what's wrong with them," he listed off.

"I'll go," Regulus immediately offered making James' head snap up to look at him.

"What?" he asked.

"I'll go, I don't know how you're getting another person in without Dumbledore noticing, but I'll go with," Regulus told him.

*******

Sirius entered Gringotts, "I need to speak with Black bank manager," he said, flashing his Lordship Ring, the goblin nodding to the side letting him go where he needs to go. "Lord Black, how can I help you?" the goblin said. The Blacks might have a reputation for being crazy, but the first thing Orion taught Sirius and Regulus was to respect the goblins, anytime they went they would be respectful and had to apologize for Walburga's behavior when she was there.

"I would like to know if I am able to enter Bellatrix Lestrange's vault on the basis of a dangerous object," Sirius said.

"May I ask what object is in there?"

"If my information is correct it is Helga Hufflepuff's cup that has been made into a horcrux," he said, and sees the goblin freeze at the mention of the horcrux. The goblin got up, "Right this way," he said. They rode down to Bellatrix's vault and opened it, Sirius was legally able to enter as Lord Black as it was Bellatrix's personal vault. For an object that is supposed to be secretive and hidden, it was kind of stupid that it was right in the middle of the vault and there were no curses or hexes on it, other than the horcrux.

"Confirmed horcrux," the goblin said, "You may remove it," he told Sirius. Sirius lifted his empty bag upside down and scooped up the cup with it and exited the vault. "Lady Lestrange will not be informed. We owe you one thing for free as a thank you," the goblin told him without Sirius having to say anything. Advantages of getting along with the goblins, they willingly will not tell Bellatrix, who is very rude to them. "May your gold ever flow," Sirius said as he was leaving. "May your enemies bleed by your hand," he heard.

When he returned to the Potter Manor, Remus was waiting for him, "You need to get ready to leave for Hogwarts, I think Regulus is going with," he told him.

"Really?" Sirius asked in disbelief.

"Yeah he seemed to have volunteered rather quickly. I think he still would have volunteered anyway if James didn't list off how busy the rest of us are," Remus replied. Sirius nods and turns to leave, he really needed to drop off the horcrux, "We're spending time together soon, call it a date or whatever, but it will be soon, let Marlene know," Sirius said as he walked out.

"Paddy!" he heard and saw little Morgana stumble her way towards him. "Why hello Prongslette, I need to put Tom's soul piece away, okay?" he said to the little girl wrapped his leg.

"Okay," he heard her mumble, but wouldn't let go of his leg.

"It won't hurt Mistress as he's her soulmate. Tom cannot physically hurt her," Death said, appearing next to Sirius. He was thankful he didn't jump, it was getting a bit sad that he changes into an animal that senses death, but he couldn't sense the being when he was a human. Apparently, Death had sensed what he was thinking and said, "Mistress asked me to stop giving her godfather a figurative heart attack," he said disappointedly.

"Morgana," James' stern tone sounded down the hall.

"You're avoiding getting dressed so you don't have to go to Hogwarts, aren't you?" Sirius assumed. Morgana nodded, "And he has to brush my hair. I'll be a baby, my head'll hurt," she pouted. She hadn't noticed Death's eyes following something and squealed when the Invisibility Cloak was above her and her dad's arms were grabbing her, "I'll be gentle with your hair. I don't want to go either, but you will not be in the same room as that," he said the last part in disgust, making a funny face to make the little girl laugh. He was successful when he heard a giggle. "Come on, let's get this over with," James said walking away with little fawn in his arms although Sirius could only see James' head, everything else was invisible.