Chapter Fourteen

James noticed his daughter's yawning and noticed she should be asleep by now. He had been warned that Morgana previously had some sleeping problems, so if she was yawning, take advantage to try to get her to sleep. He would always keep an ear out for her if she had a nightmare or had an elf come and wake him up if Death is not nearby. He scooped up the little girl and immediately heard the whining he knew was coming. "Now, now, Prongslette. You need sleep as much as the rest of us. You might be physically a two year old, but you're only a few months old," he said looking down at the tired green eyes that looked older than they should be. He knows they will look older when she's tired or she's remembering something. James entered Morgana's room and placed her into her crib/bed, he heard more whining, "I'll be here when you wake up, little Fawn, but you need some rest," James said quietly. He stroked his daughter's hair while humming a lullaby his father would hum to him on nights he couldn't sleep. His mother never knew it because it was a tune only Peverell's would know. It was an odd thing, Peverells like any other people would get upset over someone's death, but they will always find comfort in the language and magic or even Death himself. Once he thought his daughter had gone to sleep, he stopped his lullaby and looked suspiciously down at her and whispered, "Quidditch," when she didn't spring awake and her breath didn't quicken, he nodded in satisfaction and left. He hoped she would have some restful sleep while he got prepared to talk to the Blacks.

Orion woke up again to find his sons moving around, when they finally noticed he was awake, they hurried over. "Are you okay?" Sirius asked.

"Any pain?" Regulus asked.

"Need some food?" Sirius asked.

"Need some water?" Regulus asked.

"Need to burn a bitch?" Sirius asked.

"Need the bitches head on a pike?" Regulus asked.

"Stop it," Orion demanded, the two stopped. "I feel all right, a little achy, but I'm fine. A Potter elf stopped by with food and water. I would love to burn the bitch and walk around proudly with her head on a pike," he answered all the questions.

"We can make that happen," Sirius and Regulus said in sync.

"She might've been the one that birthed you, but I was the one that had sex with her. I get to the burning and the beheading," Orion argued. His sons' faces scrunched up in disgust, before agreeing, their father deserved it. "You get to be my helpers, though," Orion added making the two beam back at him.

"Making plans to murder," a calm, raspy, voice spoke up, making the three jump. They turned and saw the tall, slender, black haired man wearing the same suit he normally does wearing a smirk to show his amusement a the topic they were discussing and the way the three jumped. "I thought Morgana told you to stop scaring me," Sirius whined.

The man shrugged, "There were three of you here, and I couldn't help myself. James wants to speak to the three of you," he said.

"Where is Morgana?" Sirius asked, Regulus looking as if he wanted to ask too.

"She is asleep, who knows how long. I will be in there in case she wakes up. Marlene is tending to Remus before you ask," the man said the last part to Sirius. The full moon was the next day and Remus had decided to curl up in his bed that day. "Here is a Pepper Up Potion, two of you know where James' office is. Don't keep the man waiting," he finished and left.

Orion leaned closer to Sirius, "Who was that man? Why do I feel on edge? Why is Regulus blushing at the mention of James Potter? Is Morgana the little girl I saw earlier?"

"Regulus has a crush—," Sirius was cut off by his red faced brother screaming, "I DO NOT!" resulting in James himself storming in, "Don't wake up my little Fawn!" and storming back out when Regulus, still red faced, gave him a quick tiny nod.

"You do," Orion and Sirius agreed, making the youngest Black glare at his brother and father.

"That man, if you believe me, was Death," Sirius continued.

"The one that collects souls? Carries the scythe? That Death?" Orion questioned, his sons nodded.

"And when was Morgana in here? Did the girl have black hair and green eyes that look like the Killing Curse?" Sirius asked.

"James had stopped by while you two were still knocked out. Apparently him, along with the werewolf and the blonde woman carried you two over there and put blankets over you. I saw the girl when he left after checking in on us," Orion explained.

"He was in here?" Regulus almost screeched. Death came back in, "I would advise that you do not wake up Mistress, you will make her cranky, me angry, and your crush won't talk to you," he said and left.

"See? Even Death agrees," Sirius said, turning back to his father, he continues, "Morgana is James' daughter. She's a half-blood, problem?" his father shook his head, "Never had a problem, that was her."

"A certain elf calls her Icky Burga," Regulus comments making Orion let out a laugh. Death came back in, "I'm quiet and we're going," Orion immediately said.

When the being left again, "Well, it turns out Lily Evans is actually related to Grindelwald so Evans wasn't actually a muggleborn. Morgana's magic has actually disowned her as her mother. That shade of green in her eyes is more from the Potter side," Sirius said, making sure he didn't say Peverell because James hadn't made it known to them yet. He had never noticed it until James told him about the Potters actually being Peverells that James has this look in his eyes. They change color, they'll get darker and endless. They were a shade of brown that looked as if you were looking into an empty grave with your name on it. He only ever saw that when James was angry with someone. It must be a common thing for Peverells to have deadly looking eyes. From what he's learned, Tom Riddle's were previously a stone color before turning blood red.

The three made their way out and the brother guided their father to where James' office was and knocked, "Come in," he said and they sat down in front of him, waiting for him to talk.