six

❪ ⤿ ⁺ ̥˚💌┃₊'O6 : 'ᨏ ، ❍ ⑅ ˚  ༘₊

❪ ⤿ ⁺ ̥˚💌┃₊'O6 : 'ᨏ ، ❍ ⑅ ˚ ༘
₊ . . . ⇢ ₍ chapter six ¡¡ ₎ ·˚ ༘°🌹 
★ ₊˚.  —sleeptalking ₊ .˚ ༘ 🤍
، ₊˚ *.᭣᭫ᥫ᭡ :: ❛ 𝒈oodnight, y/n ❜

the knock on your window gets your attention from the book you were engrossed in, and you walk across the expanse of your room to open it.

"you're early." is all you say, and you fall back into your pillow covered bed that seems to swallow your form.

the bed sinks beside you, and you feel the warmth of your best friend beside you.

"can't sleep?" you ask, lifting a stuffed pikachu to reveal the tired face of the blond before you.

he doesn't reply, and you reach a hand out to grasp his face, swiping under his eyes. "i'm the one who taught you how to use concealer, you know. if you keep wearing yourself out like this i'll have to stop you."

he sighs, closing his eyes and leaning into your cool touch.

"not up to talk?" he nods, and you hum, shifting so you can bring his body closer to yours. "that's fine. i'm feeling like i want a hug, is that alright?"

in response, his arms shift to wrap around your waist. you aren't the smallest person in the world, but the bodybuilder figure of the teenager before you makes you feel as if you could hide between his arms forever. you slide your arm under his head like a pillow, and his blond spikes of hair tickle your chin.

"you don't have to work so hard you know." you say quietly into his bubblegum scented hair. he had once see the shampoo you used and began to buy the brand as well, and the reminder always made you smile.

"i know you'll disagree," you continue, before he can argue with his flawed logic. "so i've decided that i'll do it with you. i'm going to be second best, remember?"

with your free hand, you pat his head. "i hope you know though," you continue on in a low voice. "that i think you're doing well enough right now. you're not the kind of person who accepts that as all they can do, so i know it doesn't mean much, but i wanted to say it anyways."

he hasn't responded, and a couple seconds after you stop speaking you hear a light snore. you have to bite your lip to hold back a smile and decide to go to bed yourself.

"goodnight katsuki."

and sometime after, once your breathing has evened out and your hand falls flat against the bed, a quiet voice can be heard in the stillness of the room.

"goodnight y/n."