nine

❪  ⤿ ⁺ ̥˚ 💌┃₊ 'O9 : 'ᨏ ، ❍ ⑅ ˚  ༘₊

❪  ⤿ ⁺ ̥˚ 💌┃₊ 'O9 : 'ᨏ ، ❍ ⑅ ˚ ༘
₊ . . . ⇢ ₍ chapter nine ¡¡ ₎ ·˚ ༘°🌹 
★ ₊˚.  —chocolates ₊˚ *₊ ·˚ ༘ 🤍
، ₊˚ *.᭣᭫ᥫ᭡ :: ❛  𝒘hy did you stop
me? ❜

"you've got another one today." katuski looked over at you to see you holding up another one of the chocolate bags that have been stuffing his shoe locker as of late.

he rolled his eyes and spoke his classic defense. "i don't care for romance. i'm here to be the best hero." he walked past you, ignoring the candy you dangled in his face.

"all the more reason for you to," you unfolded the note that comes with it, "show up at the rooftop during lunch."

he looked incredulously at you. "what?"

"she's pouring her heart out to you, the least you could do is tell her to her face." you explain. maybe after he crushes her heart those girls will leave you alone. you feel a pang of guilt for trying to trick him into doing something that would benefit you.

of course, it's not like you expected him to do it. so when lunch time rolls around and bakugou walks out of the classroom before kirishima can drag him away to the cafeteria, you feel oddly displeased about the situation.

removing yourself from mina's grip, you make a half hearted excuse about needing to go to the bathroom, and instead you sprint for the stairwell.

when you get to the top of the staircase, you see katsuki has not yet opened the door to the roof, and you grasp the hand he has over the handle and yank it away, spinning him until his back slams against the wall.

"who-" katsuki looks ready to kill, but when he sees it's you, he relaxes. "what is it?"

you haven't let go of his wrist yet, and you pin the limb down on the wall beside his head as you try to catch your breath. your head hangs, chest heaving as you get your heartbeat under control. katsuki has surprisingly not pushed you off of him yet, and you slowly raise your head to see him staring at you.

"why," he asks quietly, when you slowly drag your gaze across his face to meet his eyes. "did you stop me?"

you can't find the words to respond anymore, and instead you choose to back away. as your eyes look anywhere but at him, you loosen your grip around his wrist and take a step back. he doesn't let you though, and slips around your grip to grab your hands, pulling you back to him as he holds your arms above his head, pinning himself down.

those sangria eyes bore into your own h/c ones, and suddenly you find yourself at a loss for words.

"why?" he repeats, and as his heat lamp fixture of a gaze starts to look into your eyes as if he can see all your secrets, your face begins to warm.

"what did i need?" your eyes begin to dart around, looking at the floor, his loosened tie, the ceiling, anywhere but his eyes. a nervous chuckle bubbles out of your throat. "i can't remember. carry on then," you try to let go of his hands."

a yank on your intertwined hands as he pulls them further upwards has you stumbling into his frame, and he takes this opportunity to hold both of your hands in one of his, using his free arm to keep you pressed against him.

"i know you have a good memory." he catches you in your lie, and your eyes snap to his to see him already looking at you.

you open your mouth to speak, but can't find the words.

with a sigh (that sounds almost disappointed?), katsuki releases you from his grasp and slips out from behind you. he doesn't say anything, but as he walks past you and back down the stairs, you watch him go. he glances back at you, and is that hurt that flashes in his eyes?

he leaves before you word vomit your jumbled thoughts at him, and the unsettled feeling that sits in the pit of your stomach doesn't go away.

he doesn't speak to you for the rest of the day either, rushing out of the classroom before you can approach his desk. you sigh.

katsuki didn't get angry at you often, so when he did you knew you really messed up.