twelve

❪  ⤿ ⁺ ̥˚ 💌┃₊ '12 : 'ᨏ ، ❍ ⑅ ˚  ༘₊

❪  ⤿ ⁺ ̥˚ 💌┃₊ '12 : 'ᨏ ، ❍ ⑅ ˚ ༘
₊ . . ⇢ ₍ chapter twelve ¡¡ ₎* °🌹 
★ ₊˚.  —study dates * ₊ ·˚ ༘ 🤍
، ₊˚ *. ᭣᭫ ᥫ᭡ : :  ❛  𝒘hat are you
looking at? ❜

"ashid-i mean mina-san," you correct yourself quickly after the look she gives you. "you have to focus."

she heaves a long, dramatic sigh. "but y/n, this stuff is too advanced for me," she drags the last syllable, batting her eyelashes at you.

you sigh as well. it's been thirty minutes and the two of you have gone nowhere. "i wasn't going to tell you this, but aizawa-sensei said that if anyone doesn't pass this project is going to have to stay after school until their grades go up." the lie sounded a little too fake, but thankfully mina's distractions ceased after that.

the two of you are sitting at one of the tables in the park. mina insisted because it was so nice out, that she couldn't possibly stay cooped up in the dorms all afternoon. your nose does not appreciate staying out more than you have to, and you resist the urge to sniffle obnoxiously.

after about thirty more minutes of studying, mina places a bubblegum pink hand over your own, drawing your attention. her grin is anything but innocent, her sparkly white teeth glinting in the light.

"y/n," she begins sweetly. suddenly her expression drops and she points somewhere behind you. "what is that?"

the oldest trick in the book, but it takes you by surprise how fast her smile disappears that you fall for it, noticing the mischievous girl's trick after the warmth of her hand left yours. she makes a beeline for the cafe across the park, waving at you before she darts inside.

you sigh, resigning yourself to your fate and pack up your things, following her. if you didn't have a headache already, there was one growing in your temples now.

when you enter the cafe, you're surprised to see bakugo yelling at kaminari while the pink troublemaker sits beside them, chatting with kirishima and sero animatedly. when you had texted the blonde earlier that day, he hadn't responded, which usually meant he was at the gym and didn't want to be disturbed.

"hey y/n," sero looks up from the conversation the two boys and mina had been engrossed in on the best boba flavor this particular establishment sold. bakugo doesn't acknowledge you other than a glance in your direction. you set mina's things next to her with a sigh, and she bats her eyelashes at you.

"sorry?" she tries, and you only sighed again.

"if we're done for the day, i'm going back to the dorms." you adjust your school bag on your shoulder and turn to leave. the grip on your wrist stops you, and as you turn around to meet bakugou's eyes he uses your movement to tug you into falling on the seat next to him.

"what?" you ask him, the slightest bit annoyed that you weren't allowed to leave.

he passes a cup of water over to you and half of a muffin that looked to be his. opening his schoolbag, he rummages through it before taking out a bottle headache relief medicine. he places it in your hand rather roughly. he mumbles something into his hand and looks back down at his papers.

you wordlessly take the pills and rest your head on the table. the three across the table from you watch your interaction with interest.

"i wish i had someone who knew me that well," mina sighs. "kirishima, why don't you notice when i'm sick?"

"everyone knows when you're sick because it's when you finally stop talking." he ducks to avoid the swat aimed at him with a laugh.

"she's just an obvious dumbass." katuski grumbles, but you catch it and elbow him.

"let's go back to the dorms!" kaminari suggests. "i'm tired of studying, i think my brain is fried."

"your brain is always fried, pikachu." bakugo grouches, but he stands up anyway. "i'm sick of teaching you idiots."

as the five of you make your way back, you lag behind the rest of the group. you love mina to death but her adenoidal tone grates at your ears, not helping your headache at all, you're still grouchy about being dragged outside against your will.

you sneeze. the wind and bright sunlight makes your eyes water and you take out a tissue to wipe at your face.

as you're putting your tissues away, the world dims and you realize someone has rather awkwardly placed sunglasses on your face. you adjust them without any verbal acknowledgment, nudging the boy next to you with your elbow as a way of thanks.

he doesn't say anything, only clicks his tongue and walks faster.

your friends decide to hog the tv from todoroki and deku's all might movie marathon for the afternoon. meaning kirishima diplomatically offered to take on dish duty for the day while bakugo plopped himself right on the couch and hissed like a feral cat. midoriya was well versed in katsuki language and gave up without a fight, dragging shoto out of the room with promises to go make a mess in the kitchen with an attempt at pancakes. was kirishima going to regret his offer of kitchen duty? probably. you made a mental note to offer to help later, and curled up on the edge of the couch with a box of tissues.

at one point, you must have fallen asleep, because you open your eyes to a that the sky was dark and your friends were all asleep around you. all except one. you peeked at what bakugo was doing with one eye, staying still so he didn't notice your stirring.

he was holding your blonde haired friend by the shoulders, adjusting kaminari's slumped position over sero more comfortably so he wouldn't wake up with an awful crick in his neck. he nudged mina's head back until it fell on a pillow, instead of hanging off the couch as she had fallen asleep in a belly flop position. grumbling what you took a wild guess to be profanities to himself, you watched as he sat back down after making sure they were all fine.

"what are you looking at?" he hasn't even looked at you this whole time, how did he know you were awake?

you grin sheepishly. "would you believe me if i said your beautiful face?" he grimaced, and you laughed.

a comfortable silence enveloped the two of you, before bakugo stood abruptly. "i have an idea." the grin that pulled at his lips gave you the feeling that your sleeping friends were about to be the victim of bakugo's merciless pranks.

"sharpie?" you offered him a black one with a sigh, deciding to go along with whatever mess he wanted to create this time.