Chapter 8

"Go Todoroki!!" Y/n cheered 

Todoroki begin his attack by summoning ice from the ground. Midoriya counter Todoroki ice by using his quirk and as a result his middle finger were injured. 

"woah" Y/n stared in awe

Todoroki continue to attack him using his ice quirk and Midoriya also continued to counter hs attack. 

"Why does the broccoli boy looks like he's constipated or something" Y/n said genuinely concerned for Midoriya.

the yellow skinny dude beside her cough in order to hide his laugh, he did not expect someone to comment something about Midoriya like that. 

Todoroki begin to close in on Midoriya, he jumps and Midoriya dodge his punch making Todoroki punch the ground instead. Todoroki use his ice to caught one of Midoriya's feet, in order to escape Midoriya use his hand insted of only his finger. He punch the ice and create a huge gust of wind. Y/n whistled, impressed by Midoriya's strength. 

Midoriya screamed in pain and Todoroki was knocked back, Todoroki use his ice at the right moment and managed to save himself from being knocked out of the arena. 

"Todoroki continues his overwhelming attack! The finishing ice attack!" Mic voice echo through the speakers.

Surprisingly, when it seems that there was no more chance for Midoriya, he manage to destroy Todoroki ice with his already broken finger.

 Y/n couldn't clearly hear what they were saying but Midoriya suddenly shouted "Come at me with all you've got!" 

They continue to fight each other to the very limit, it was clear that both sides are starting to get overwhelmed by each other. 

"Your circumstances, and your determination, is nothing i'll ever be able to understand. But... you want to become number one and deny your father without giving your all? You need to stop being a fool!" Midoriya said, Todoroki started to have flashbacks of him crying in his mother embrace and how his father had abused him and his family, how his mother threw a boiling hot water on his face.

"You're holding back Todoroki" Y/n said

"Master...." he looks down at his left hand, and clenched it.

"For one to become strong, one must embrace themselves" she said

"You can do it slowly, you don't have to do it now" She nodded

Todoroki bowed, not saying anything and only taking in what his master had said.

Y/n pet his head and he looks up to see her smiling. He stand up straight and smiled back "Thank you master" 

He gulped at her gaze and looks down at the floor "I'm angry because of my father, master. I don't want to use his power" Todoroki said clenching his left hand into a fist

"But it's yours, not his" Y/n said making Todoroki look up.

"You were born with it so it's yours. It doesn't matter if it's inherited. Once it is in your body, it is yours to use, not his. If you don't use your all how are you going to surpass me?" Y/n pet his head and walk away

"Let's rest for a bit before your next match, I'll accompany you"

Todoroki stared at his master back in admiration before quickly following her. 

his eyes widened in realization and his fire quirk erupted. Y/n smiled and nod approvingly, she was indeed very proud of him. 

Todoroki and Midoriya charge towards each other with everything they got and they had destroyed the whole arena. 

"Todoroki advance to the next round!" Midnight announced, Y/n jump up and down happy for her disciple. 

"Todoroki turns around and grinned at his master, Y/n gave him a thumbs up to express that she was proud of him.