Chapter 9

"This is my next match, please watch me close master" Todoroki said, Y/n nod and gives him a thumbs up.

"The first round of the semifinal. they're both from a family of heroes. A battle of the elites" Present mic announced

"Iida Tenya from the hero course versus Todoroki Shoto from the hero course. Start!"

Todoroki attacked first by sending Ice spikes towards Iida. 

"Glasses boy is quite fast" Y/n said in awe

"WOAH! What's that weird thing coming out of his legs? that's cool" She clapped

Iida grabbed Todoroki and ran as fast as he could in order to bring Todoroki out of the arena. however he suddenly stopped as he noticed that his mufflers were froze by Todoroki. Todoroki took this chance to freeze Iida on the spot.

"Iida is incapacitated! It's Todoroki's victory!" Midnight announce

"Todoroki advance to the finals without using his fire!" Present mic said

Y/n claps and cheered for Todoroki, Todoroki relaxes a bit when he saw that his master was happy for him. 

Todoroki walked out of the arena and headed to where Y/n is. 

"My disciple is amazing! Haha!" Y/n grinned and smack Todoroki's back making him stumble forward.

"Sit here" Y/n said, Todoroki complied and sat down. Y/n puts her head on his lap and closed her eyes "Wake me up when it's your turn again" She yawned 

Todoroki blinked but nods, it wasn't even a second later that a snore could be heard. Todoroki chuckled and pat his master head. 

"Master, wake up. it's my turn again"

Y/n sat up and yawned, giving him a thumbs up as usual. Todoroki smiled and headed towards the arena. 

"This is the last battle of the UA sports festival!" at this, the whole crowd cheered in excitement

"This match will decide who stands at the top of the first year. In other words, it's the final match!" Present mic said excitedly

"Todoroki Shoto, from the hero course versus Bakugou Katsuki from the hero course. Start!" 

Todoroki attacks by sending Bakugou a wave of Ice. Bakugou blasted the ice repeatedly but he was soon engulfed in ice. 

"Todoroki attacks right away! Is he trying to keep Bakugou away?" Present mic comment making Y/n deadpan "yeah no shit"

The ground shook and explosions sound could be heard from inside the ice. The ice broke revealing Bakugou, Todoroki jumps back to avoid getting hit by the ice shards. Bakugou blasted himself towards Todoroki and dodge last minute, Bakugou grabbed him and tried to blast him outside of the arena. Todoroki manage to stop himself from being out of bounds with his ice. 

Bakugou blasted himself again towards Todoroki but Todoroki dodged and grabbed Bakugou arm, Todoroki hesitated to use his fire and instead flung Bakugou away. 

Todoroki activated his fire as Bakugou approach him using his blast. a sudden flashback came to Todoroki and so he deactivated his fire power. The blast knocked Todoroki unconscious.

Y/n stared in concerned at her disciple. 

"Todoroki is out of bounds. Therefore, it's Bakugou's victory!" Midnight announce makinf the crowd cheered. 

Todoroki wakes up in the infirmary, he look towards the side to see his master reading a discount poster. Y/n looks up and smiled "You're awake"

"I'm sorry that i failed you master" Todoroki said making Y/n frowned

"What do you mean failed me? You did good and i'm proud"  Y/n pat his hand gently "let's get Udon later, i'll treat you" 

After the recovery it was time for the award ceremony. All might made his grand epic entrance, making Y/n looks at him in awe. 

When it was Todoroki turn, All might asked him "Is there a reason why you did not use your left side in the finals?"

Todoroki looks down "I got the opportunity during the match with Midoriya, and then i got lost, somehow. I wanted to be a hero like you and master. But i didn't think it was right for me to put my issues behind me and just end it there. There are things that need to be settled" 

All might nod "The look on your face is completely different from before. I won't inquire any further. but i know that you'll be able to settle things" He said and hugged Todoroki

Todoroki gaze change to Y/n, Y/n gave him a thumbs up and smiled. Todoroki smiled back and look towards the sky, he was glad to be abe to have a mentor like Y/n.