Strangely comforting

Y/N'S POV
I run to the park, the natural greenery will hopefully make me feel better.

I reach fine but unexpectedly Hanma Shuji is sitting right in front of me.

He's sprawled over the beach, wearing a grey hoodie and black jeans, his hair is the classic black with the centre part being blonde, but this time his hair lays flat with the hood covering his head. Both hands have tattoos- sin and punishment- and in his right hand he has a lit cigarette.

F*ck, f*ck, f*ck. The last thing I wanted to see in this state was another human much less someone from my class.

I decide to go somewhere else, maybe the front of a 7/11, but I'm stopped.

"Wait, y/n come here!" Hanma beckons to me

Great. Now he's going to mock me and spread this to the whole school. Just great. I continue walking but Hanma gets up and jogs to me.

"I'm serious. Promise I'm not judging you." He says with a surprisingly sincere look.

I give in with a sigh and follow him to the bench.

"I don't really feel comfortable giving the details but I just feel... sad? right now." I cringe at my own words.

"That's fine, I just thought it was unsafe for you going out on your own at this time"

I nod my head, it was dark so being with someone would be safer for me.

Hanma lifts his right arm to bring the cigarette to his mouth, I suddenly jump at the movement.

"Woah, it's just my cig, my bad for scaring you."

I can't help but stare at the cigarette, it certainly brings back bad memories and I didn't even realise my arms shaking at the thought.

"Are you really okay? If you feel unwell I can take you to a doctor you know." He says while blowing smoke from his mouth.

"No, don't worry I just need to relax for a bit." I lie, I'm definitely not okay but I'm not dumb enough to tell a stranger all my private problems.

He takes out his phone and scrolls through... messages? I think?
"Fine, we don't have to talk at all if it's too much."

From then we just sat in each other's company not saying a word.