Training

Y/N'S POV
"TRAINING?! YOU WERE SERIOUS?!"

"Why wouldn't I be~ If you can't fight then it's gonna be a bit difficult being around me." Hanma laughs while patting my head.
"Besides it's not like I'd start with anything that difficult."

"Ugh... fine." I agree. I just have to trust what Hanma says which is not easy when he always wears that stupid grin on his face.

"Okay. Today I'm just gonna teach you how to punch properly." He explains and then demonstrates a punch "See. Simple enough right? I'll give you the step by step."

Hanma explained all the steps to me then asked for me to punch him.

"I'm known as a literal zombie, your little punches won't do anything to me, now punch me!"

I take a deep breathe then prepare to punch him but he stops me.

"Don't hold your fist like that, you could get hurt. Hold it like this, see." He tells me seriously while demonstrating the correct fist motion with his hand and looks at me as a signal to copy him.

"There you go, now come at me~"

With a slight moment of hesitation I throw a punch at Hanma's chest. I look up and all I see is his disappointed face.

"Why did you hesitate? You lost most of your power when you did that." He questioned with a stern face.

"I just didn't want to hurt you." I say while looking at my feet sheepishly.

"You? Hurt me? Are you being serious?"

"I know you wouldn't even feel it but just the thought-" I'm cut of by a single tear rolling down my face which shocks even me.

"Hey hey~ look here~ I know you have good intentions but you can't throw a punch if you don't mean it." he crouches down to my level and pats my head.

"I'm sorry for disappointing you Hanma, i'm just not cut out for this." I manage to stop any more tears from spilling with a sniffle.

"What are you talking about? Everyone starts from somewhere and true you're not very good but you'll definitely improve. I'm sure of it." his words are very honest. I guess that's the good thing about Hanma, he's always honest.

"Why don't we take a break? Maybe you're just a bit tired from the walk." He suggests and I accept with a nod so we sit down on a bench nearby.

It's funny. Somehow I always end up sitting next to Hanma on benches and for brief moments I can feel all my worries dissipate and the feeling of loneliness vanish. I almost laugh to myself from my thoughts but a more intriguing question came to mind which makes me stop.

"Hey Hanma?"

"Hmm?"

"Are we friends?"

Hanma doesn't immediately answer which makes me internally panic but he soon does.

"You hurt me~" he sarcastically cries which makes me lightly giggle but then he turns himself to face me, catching me off guard.

"In all seriousness y/n, I do consider you a friend, though we haven't known each other for very long." He confesses with the straightest face I've ever seen on Hanma, not a hint of his usual smirk.

His appearance and words make me blush uncontrollably.

"What about the guy who chased you on the first day we met?"

"He's more of... an accomplice?"
"So... what do you think of me?" He almost whispers, his face coming closer to mine with a more playful look.

If I wasn't visibly blushing enough, this question made my face even redder.

"I-I think of you as a friend too. In fact you ARE my only friend." I embarrassingly confess.
Hanma backs up and smiles brightly.

"I'm glad you think of me the same way<3"

We sit still, briefly smiling at each other before Hanma gets up.

"Breaks over, back to punching~" he says while reaching his hand out to help me up. I pretend to sigh before taking his hand and heading back to our training area.