Caught

HANMA'S POV
I'll admit it I'm stupid. I invited y/n to hang out at the place where I'm meant to meet Kisaki, Takemitchy and Chifuyu to interrogate some black dragon lackey. I sigh. It's fine, I can just keep her distracted and away from all the gang stuff, it should be fine.

More importantly what happened to my room! Damn it! I bet my dad cleaned it all up. Well it'll become a mess by the end of the week anyway. Lying on bed, I turn on my back and with a sigh I take out my phone. I send y/n the location of the karaoke place and ask her to come on Saturday at 18:00. I turn my phone off and sigh again before slowly drifting off to sleep.

Y/N'S POV
I'm standing in front of the apartment door, mentally preparing myself to enter. I slowly and quietly open the door and see yet again my dad sitting there watching TV, cigarette in hand and beer cans everywhere. I try to sneak behind him, I'm never successful but it's worth trying.

All of a a sudden my phone vibrates in my pocket which catches his attention.

"So finally decided to show up, huh!" He yells while turning my way. "Who's texting you? Show me your phone now!"

I begrudgingly start walking to him while taking my phone out but stop once I see it's from Hanma. My dad can definitely not see this.

"It's no one dad. It's just a notification from one of my games."

"Yeah right, show your phone to me now!"

I flinch at the raised tone of his voice.

"I'm telling you it nothing!"

"DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME!! GIVE ME THE PHONE NOW!!"

And with that he grabs my wrist and pulls my hand towards him. Using his other hand, he forcefully takes the phone from me. Opening my phone he sees the notifications from Hanma.

"Tsk. First you start talking to boys then you lie about it!" "Listen up! You will not see this boy again. I don't want any daughter of mine acting like a prostitute!"

His words shock me. He's always been harsh but I didn't think he would call me, his own teenage daughter, a prostitute.

"But dad-"

"No buts! To your room, your grounded till I say so, and your phone stays with me!"

There was point in arguing, it would just lead to me getting hurt and still being grounded.

"Fine." I whisper, defeated, while walking to my room. My heart aches at the thought that I wouldn't be able to hang out with Hanma. The only thing I can do is sleep and try not to think about it too much.

*a few hours later*

I wake up and notice from the time on my alarm that it's pretty late, about 23:00. I can't go back to sleep so I just stay lying down and thinking. I'm not going to let Hanma sit there without a reply so I gather all my courage and get up.

I tiptoe out of my room and towards my dad's sleeping figure on the couch. I immediately notice my phone on table and crouch down, almost crawling towards it. If I get caught who knows what he'll do, but I'm willing to risk that. I pick up my phone and unlock it. I open the messages app and start formulating a reply to Hanma.

"Hey, sorry I can't go my dad..."

I ponder for a bit before finishing the text.

"found out that I skipped school and grounded me."

And send.

Hopefully he isn't too disappointed, maybe we can hang some other time. Unexpectedly, however, Hanma saw the message as I sent it and replied already. The notification sound was a bit too loud for my liking. I slowly turn to my dad.

phew. He's still asleep.

"Just sneak out ❤️"

Ignoring the heart emoji I'm surprised at what Hanma's suggesting. I've never been able to sneak past my dad and he's telling me to sneak out WHILE I'm still in trouble with him.

"No way what if I get caught?"

"Follow what I say and you won't"

"Tell me now before my dad wakes up"

Hanma then explains to me through text how I should go about my escape. I memorise each word, knowing I wouldn't be able to see it again. I then tell him good night before getting up and crawling back to my room the way I came.

I pray this works.