Mom, I miss you

Y/N'S POV
We're sitting in silence. I can't help but fiddle around with the hem of my top, I look around the room and avoid eye contact with Hanma. If our eyes meet we both immediately look away. I try to break the silence.

"Wow~ I'm so tired right now~"

"Oh, you can lay down on my bed." He offers while moving away and making space for me to lie down.

"It's okay, I think I can manage."

"But if we're going to the movies you should probably rest up!"

I give in and lay down on his bed. I was just trying to break the silence, but now that I'm lying down I do actually feel tired. Hanma sits next to me with his legs dangling off the side.

"Hey y/n. Can I tell you something? It's really personal but I trust you."

"You can tell me anything."

"Well, I don't have a mother, as you may have noticed, because I lost her. She died when I was 10... my dad said she was really sick."

I'm shocked at hearing Hanma open up like this and don't know what to say.

"You don't have to say anything. I just want to tell you more about myself."

I process what Hanma's telling me and suddenly the gears in my head start turning.

"Hanma. Is this why you keep all your clothes from when you were younger?"

Hanma hesitates, I could tell tears were threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Yes it is. My mom was the one who bought my clothes and seeing them reminds me of her. I couldn't bare to throw them away. She would be like 'hey Shuji! I got you these really cool t shirts!'" He laughs, looking back at those old memories.

This was very reminiscent of Hanma when he got those sunglasses at the store.

"What kind of person was she?"

"She was energetic, kinda like me I suppose, always taking me out to play and doing fun things with me. When she died I felt so alone and lifeless, some punks at school made fun of her death so I beat the shit out of them. That's the first time since her passing that I felt a rush of excitement."

Usually Hanma puts his hand on mine to comfort me, but this time I put my hand on his.

"It's okay, you're not alone. I'm here with you."I decide to share something personal of mine too.
"And if we're sharing private matters, I also lost- well, more like my mother left me." I comfort Hanma while holding his hand. His head quickly turns to look at me.

"I constantly felt like everyone would just leave me like my mother so I used to be really clingy. People got weirded out by that, though, so I became more distant. It didn't help, i just now feel incredibly lonely." I explain. This is the very reason I have no friends. Except for one.

"I don't feel like that about you though. I could never imagine you leaving me or the other way around." My eyes close and I feel my consciousness drift.

"You're right, I would never do that to you."

"Hanma, after the movie I have something to tell you..." I completely fall asleep before hearing his reply.

HANMA'S POV
I stroke y/n's head lightly and then put my blanket on her properly. I'll wake her up at around 16:00 so she won't be too dazed at the movies. It's currently 15:00 so she might wake up before then.

I'm starving so I decide to eat to pass the time which I have no complaints about since eating is a favourite activity of mine. My dad left a bunch of noodles that I love and I leave some for y/n if she feels hungry.

I didn't know that y/n felt the same loneliness I did. I replay the events that happened but accidentally go too far.

When we were in front of the mirror.

I cringe so much at that, what was I doing?! I'm such an idiot! My self-diminishing words are interrupted by y/n coming out of my room.

"I thought you were tired? Are you good now?"

"I just have a question."

"Ask away~"

"Why did you and Draken fight?"

"Well..."

"Wooo~ look at your little braid go~" I laugh while spinning Draken's braid round and round again.

"Hanma, if you don't stop I swear to god I won't hesitate to punch you."

"Yeah right~ this is too fun~"

Draken got really mad and actually punched me which escalated to an all out fight until y/n got there.

"Really? You got into fight because of that?" Y/n monotonely asks in disappointment. "So childish."

"Sorry we couldn't get any ice cream though."

"It's fine Hanma." Y/n walks back to the bed to sleep again.

"Hey, y/n. Please call me Shuji. I mean I've been calling you y/n this whole time."

"Okay Shuji."

"Sleep well."