Lovers lake.

"See i told you, Skull rock, right here." Steve complains, i sit up and run to Robin, engulfing her in a hug. "Ive missed you." I say to her, "Trust me, its been a pain without you around, im starting to become not sane."

I chuckle. "So, hows it been with eddie?" She smirks at me. "Well." My face turns red. "Did you fuck yet?" I slap her on the top of the head. "No! we did not."

"Because it would be totally romantic, having sex, just before the worlds about to end." She makes these hand movements and i roll my eyes at her.

She points at me, mouth wide open. "Ah! i know i know, i can read you inside and out, you made out!" I scoff at her. "I knew it i knew it!" She starts jumping up and down.

"Knew what?" Steve says. "Eh, nothing!" I say and turn to Robin, giving her a death stare, she throws her hands up in surrender.

I turn around and see Lucas standing there, my face lights up and i rush over to him. "Lucas, hi!" He smiles at me. "Els, how are you?" I hug him and chuckle. "Considering going through this shit for the 4th time, im doing pretty alright!"

He chuckles and i break the hug. "Hey, im sorry about Patrick, he seemed like a nice guy, minus the chasing me and Eddie about to murder us type of shit." He smiles weakly at me and Dustin begins talking again.

"BOOM!" Dustin says. "Are you sick or something?" I say to him, Robin snickers, "Bada, bada, boom."

"I was right." Steve glares at him. "Skull rock, was north." Steve folds his arms. "Seriously, your serious?" Dustin nods his head.

"This is skull rock!" He waves his hands at it. "Mhm" Dustin says. "Okay your totally, absolutely, 100 percent wrong, right now!"

"Yes! and no." "Oh my god." Steve puts his head in his hands. "This compass worked perfectly when we left the wheelers, it was correct when we got in the cat on curley, but it started to slip the further east we went. Now, its way off." Everybody looks at eachother, confused.

"When i was leading us here, i wasnt wrong, the compass was." Steve rolls his eyes at him. "So your using faulty equipment, your still wrong."

"Hes like a big baby." i mumble to Robin and she nods her head. "Except, it isnt faulty." Dustin says, everybody stares at him blanky.

"Lucas, can you remember what can effect a compass?" Lucas scratches his head. "Eh, an electromagnetic field." Dustin nods his head. "Yep."

"Im sorry i mustve skipped that class?." Robin says sarcastically, indicating for him to explain in dept. "In the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field, the needle will deflect, towards that power, so either there's some super big magnet around here, or?"

"Theres a gate." Lucas finishes the sentence. "We are nowhere near the lab." Nancy says. "What if, somehow, theres another gate, a gate that we dont know about, it would have to be smaller, way less powerful."

"A snack sized gate." I say. "How, why?" Steve says. "No idea, all i know is that something is causing this disturbance and the last time we've seen anything like it was a gate, and i hope it is, because then we'd have a way to vecna, and a shot at freeing Elodie and max from this curse."

My eyes widen, "Max?" she looks at me and back at the ground, i rush over to her and give her a hug. "I wish you told me right away, im glad your okay."

She breaks the hug and smiles at me. "Im fine, just use your headphones, kay?" I smile at her and pull out my headphones from the pocket of my jeans and place them around my neck.

"Where are you going?" Steve asks Dustin. "this little steel capsule might be the key to saving both max, eddie and elodie."

"yeah and eh we cant just go for a little walk in the woods with eddie being wanted." I say.

"Its not far, the gate." Dustin says.

I walk over and bend down beside eddie. "What do you say eds?" Everbody turns to look at him. "The shire, the shire is burning." He gets up and grabs your hand. "Lead the way."

"Woah hey Dustin, can you slow down, how much further, Dustin?" No replt from him, Eddie squeezes my hand tightly and walks faster, trying to catch up to him.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me" Steve says. "Lovers lake." Eddie smirks at me and i look away, blushing slightly. "Cmon guys, over here!"

"Woah woah, steady man." Steve complains to Eddie. "Be nice Steve, hes only trying to help." Steve glares at me. "What is he, your boyfriend now or something?"

I turn red and walk away towards Robin, nancy and max. "Boats ready." Steve shouts. Eddie grabs my hand and leads me on. "M'lady." I chuckle at him.

Next comes nancy, then Robin, just as Dustins about to get on, Eddie places his hand in the way. "Woah woah woah, you want us to sink or something, this only holds 5 people tops."

Dustin glares at Eddie. "But this was MY theory." "Sorry Dusty bun, you can stay here and keep an eye on Max with Lucas" I say, "Who put you in charge?"

"We did" Says everybody, including me. "Hand over the compass" Says Robin, he hesitates but hands it over. "Thank you."

We begin to sail off. "Bed time at 9 kiddos." Teases Robin. "We miss you already." I tease back, "Piss off." says Dustin through the walkie talkie and me and Robin begin laughing as we sail into the night.

970 words