chapter 4

CW// alcohol, underage drinking

(Nick POV)

When I was a kid, summer dragged on for ever. I had so much time to hang out with the guys and just act batshit crazy for two months. It was great.

Now I just wish I could go back to being a kid so I could have more time with Karl.

"They're here!" I call to Karl as I rush to the door. He glances up from pulling the brownies from the oven. "Smells great!" I add, nearly tripping over my own feet. 

I pull open the door. "BOO!" Dream shouts, tossing his sleeping bag at my face. I shriek and stumble away. 

"Bitch!" I exclaim, throwing it back at him. He catches it, giggling. George rolls his eyes and pushes past me, dragging his sleeping bag and overnight bag behind him, pillow tucked under his arm. 

"You're sleeping on the floor," I say, pointing at Dream and frowning as he passes me to follow George. 

"Aren't I already?" he asks, sticking out his tongue at me.

I scoff. "I'm not that mean," I remark, shutting the door. "I have extra mattresses. I have no idea why. I think they're just lying around waiting to be donated."

It's Dream's turn to scoff. "So you're giving us the shitty ones," he says.

"No, not you. Just the others."

"I can just let him share my mattress," George points out, hugging Karl. 

"I can strip your rights to a mattress," I retaliate.

"Who's not getting a mattress?" Skeppy asks. I jump and turn around to find him pressing his face against the screen door. 

"Ewwww," I groan. "Skeppy, gross."

He laughs and pulls open the screen door and holds it open for Bad to enter first. "Hey, hey, hey!" Bad says, smiling widely. "Who's ready to get the party started?"

Dream sighs. "Skeppy, what did we say about giving Bad drugs before sleepovers?" 

Bad glares at Dream. "Hey!" he shouts. "Language! I am not on drugs!" 

Dream ducks as Bad launches his pillow at his head, giggling like a mad man. Then he scurries towards the kitchen, picks up George from helping Karl prepare the brownies, throws him over his shoulder (all while ignoring George's shrieks), and runs into the living room.

"He's in a silly, goofy mood, I guess," Skeppy says, giggling. 

I roll my eyes and follow Bad towards Karl, where he's finished with the brownies for now, and moved towards making a salad for dinner. I told him we could just order a Caesar or something with the pizza, but he said he could handle it. 

And he is, I suppose.

"Anything I could help with?" Bad asks. 

Karl nods and pushes a few slices of bread towards him, plus a bread knife and a cutting board. He motions cutting the slices into little squares, then points at the toaster oven. 

"Ah, croutons!" Bad exclaims. Karl nods giddily. Bad throws him a smile and a nod, and starts cutting the slices. 

George returns, hair tousled. He begins grating cheese for the salad; I don't know what it's called, but it usually comes in the packages. Which I also told Karl we could buy. But he refused. 

"Karl, is there anything the rest of us can help with?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

He shakes his head before turning away from Bad to quickly whisper "you can just chill if you want."

"But I want to help," I reply, kissing his temple. 

He giggles quietly, swatting my face. "There's nothing to help with," he whispers. 

"Sapnap," Dream whines. "Stop kissing your boyfriend and c'mere."

I kiss Karl again before wandering over. "Whaddya want?" I ask, stepping over Skeppy as he lays on the floor, giggling like crazy and muttering nonsensical nonsense. 

Dream steps towards me, a sneaky smile on his face. I sigh, knowing what's about to happen. "Fine," I mutter, throwing my arms out, like I'm going for a hug. "Do it. I don't care."

He pauses, smile dropping. "Well, now it's not as fun. Since you're expecting it."

"Dream, leave Sapnap alone!" George calls from the kitchen. "Or at least make yourself useful and order a few pizzas."

I snort, only to cover it up with a cough. Dream glares at me. 

"Why can't Sapnap?" he says, whining like a little kid. "It's literally his house."

"Because you're being annoying."

"You order the pizzas, bossy butt," Dream says, sneaking up behind George and poking him in the sides. George yelps and hits him over the head with the romaine in his hand.

"WASH THAT," I yell. "IT HAS COOTIES NOW."

I'm honestly surprised we get anything done.

~~

The best part about sleepovers with all your best friends with no adults in the house is sneaking out the alcohol.

I bring out a can of beer for everyone while we sit in front of the TV eating ice cream and candy. Karl takes his, looks at it funny, and sets it to the side. Bad doesn't even take his, as expected. Skeppy and Dream take theirs, but only Dream cracks it open. I crack mine as well. 

It smells awful, but I don't care. Karl looks at me as I take a sip. When I make a face, he buries his face in the pillow on his lap. I rest my head on his shoulder, smiling. 

The movie we're watching isn't great, so our attention goes elsewhere an hour in. We end up throwing pillows across the room at each other, trying to avoid pictures and such on the walls and shelves. Obviously, we miss.

Several times.

"Fuck," I exclaim as I knock yet another picture off the wall. 

Okay, obviously I miss several times. 

"Language!" Bad yells, chucking a pillow at my head. I catch it and throw it at George. It hits him square in the chest. 

He laughs as he stands back up from the couch, but Dream is out for blood now. I screech and duck behind the sofa chair as he whips one at my head. Karl just rolls his eyes at me. 

As Dream goes for another pillow, Karl raises his own pillow over his head, and brings it down on Dream. He makes an oof noise as he face plants into the carpeted floor. I cheer and jump up from my hiding spot. 

"My hero!" I yell, throwing myself against Karl, nearly bringing us both down.

It's times like this that I'll miss when Karl leaves.

Memories like this that I'll hold on to until we get the chance to make more.

Word Count 1072

~A/N~

I HAVE RETURNED hello

i wrote half of this before i left, and speedran the rest before my wifi cuts out in three minutes. ;-; parents suck (sometimes)

anyways, uhm, this was just a filler chapter. i have an idea for the rest of the story but no real way to get it there. DONT WORRY itll get fun soon.

EAT/DRINK/TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OK LOVE YOU BYEEEEEEEEEEEE <33333333333