Prologue

Vic's POV

You don't need a voice to be insightful on how the world is... Or how the people on the world are. The world and it's people are not good, nor are they evil.

The reason people hurt others is because they are trying to escape something in their life that hurts them. They need an outlet.

Then again, what's the outlet for the ones they hurt? Well, many write poems and songs, some draw, some play instruments, some play games, some make videos, some do online blogs, and the others...? The others like me use pain to escape. Blades, lighters, anything they can find to make their pain stop.

I use any form of pain to try and erase my past- the reason I'm mute- and it's not like talking will do any good...

Now, you're all probably wondering- "How does someone go through life not talking?" Well, I'll tell you. I use a whiteboard with school and texting with friends. I usually only talk with my family, but, under a lot of stress I turn silent. "Vic, honey..." My mom said. I turned to her and she sighed. "You know that I'm only sending you to Clairemont High for your own good, right?" I nodded and wrote 'Thank you' on my board. "No problem, Sweetie..."

With that I laid back and next thing I knew, I was asleep...