Chapter 1

Kellin's POV

Knock. Knock. Knock.

It was 6:50 A.M! On a Saturday! Who the hell could be at my dorm at this hour?! I opened my door, "Oh, Principal Way... What brings you here at this hour?" I asked. "Mr. Quinn," He said firmly, "You're getting a dorm mate. He'll be here soon so I suggest that you.. Clean up..." He said, peeking in my room. "Uh, of course, Sir... I'll make sure he's welcome..." I said with a smile.

I showered, got ready, and picked up my mess of a room. Hey, don't judge me! I'm a 17 year old boy, dammit! Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'm clean...

I decided Tumblr, Twitter, and Wattpad were the way to go as of right now. There was a light, almost shy, knock at the door. I got up and answered it and there was a short Mexican boy with a whiteboard in his hands.

'Hello,
My name is Vic Fuentes, I'm 17 and I don't speak. I am an optional mute. I hope we can be very good friends! ;)'

I smiled, "Hi, Vic... I'm Kellin Quinn." I shook his hand. "I'm 17, love rock music, and.. Of course we can be friends!" He smiled and I let him in, "So, uh.. This is my bed, yours is there. There's a small kitchenette if you're hungry and the shower is free since I showered earlier." I explained. He smiled and nodded, setting his things on his bed.

He wrote on his bed, 'Is this an all boy school?' I nodded. "The girls' dorm is far from here..." He wrote back, 'I guess that means I won't have to worry about you coming back with a girl.'

I laughed and shook my head, "Yeah. You wouldn't need to worry about that even if they were close." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm gay." I said.

'I am too. Good to know we have something in common. ' He wrote. I chuckled, "The more you know..." And he let out a small giggle. He sat on his bed and I sat on mine, us facing each other. "So.. Wanna play 'Unlimited Questions'?" 'How?' He wrote, "Oh.. I'll ask, you write..." I said. 'Unlimited Questions' was my form of '20 Questions'. He smiled and wrote, 'Thank you for being understanding...' I smiled back. "It's okay. You want to go first?" He shook his head... I guess I'm going first. "So, if I can ask.. Why are you mute...?" He tensed up slightly.

He motioned for me to hold on for a minute as he got up and dug through his things. I was curious as to what he was doing, but he opened a green notebook and handed it to me to read.

'Well, if you're reading this it means you wanted to know my story/asked why I was mute.. People who know me know this. I have a very feminine voice. Before I came here, I was bullied for it... A. Lot. Now, this was probably a year and a half ago.