Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

                "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride," the preacher said, looking to my brother. I smiled brightly, as he pulled the veil over Holly's head. The smile on both their faces was so breathtaking, like they couldn't believe that they're finally husband and wife. The minute their lips touched, the guests erupted into clapping, and some were even wolf-whistling.

                I clapped right along with them, standing at the altar, holding my little bouquet of flowers, I watched as my brother made out with his wife. I never thought I'd see the day that my brother would be married, and yet I did see the day. I didn't know that he had it in him to get married; I thought he was always going to be a player, but I guess not. I guess Holly kicked his player ways faraway from here, because looking at him now, I can tell that he plans on never cheating on her.

                Once they finally pulled apart, they linked their fingers together, and walked down the aisle, hand in hand, while the bridesmaids and flower girl threw up rice. I know it's old fashioned to do that, but Holly's old fashioned like that, she goes all the way for a traditional wedding.

                I walked down the aisle, with my hand linked with the groomsmen that walked me down at the beginning of the ceremony. I looked at him, and he had the biggest fakest smile on his face, I bet his cheeks are hurting like crazy, I'm not kidding, he's been smiling like that the whole time.  

                We got to where the reception's being held, and I watched as the bride and groom were being congratulated; giving everyone hugs and handshakes, and just continuing to smile. I'm happy for him; Lord knows he deserves someone as amazing as Holly. For as long as I could remember, Chase has been my best friend, and the best brother anyone could ask for.

                Finally breaking free from the crowd, Chase came over to me, where I stood watching everyone mingle, and enjoy the party. I smiled at him, as he squeezed himself between two of our cousins. Finally reaching me, he embraced me in a tight hug.

                "Thanks sis," he mumbled, patting my back lightly.

                I laughed. "For what?" I asked.

                "For being my sister," was his answer. Releasing me, he kissed me on the forehead, and with one last smile, he walked back over to his bride. I laughed and rolled my eyes, I think Holly really has turned him into a sap because I doubt when he was younger he'd say that to me.

                Lifting my dress up, I walked over to the long table where the bride, groom, bride's maids, and best men sat. Since I am the youngest of the girls, I sat at the very end of the table, which I'm not too disappointed about. I don't really fit in with everyone, so I might as well sit where I can have my own thoughts and conversations; of course in my head.

                I love weddings, I love the way that the groom looks at the bride as she walks down the aisle. When the bride walks down, most people are looking at her admiring her dress, her hair, her smile or thinking 'mmm...I hope that's me someday.' For me, I look at the groom, thinking I hope that's me someday. That someday, I'll have someone waiting for me at the end of aisle looking at me with so much love and care, that it'd make my heart melt. Unfortunately there's this small voice in the back of my head that keeps warning me about divorce, and how most marriages end in that. I mean it doesn't help that I've seen movies where the couples are close to a divorce, but by some miracle they end up solving their problems. I mean it's a movie, fictional, what are the chances that something like that could happen in real life?