Chapter 20

This chapter is dedicated to katiebug9522! Thank you so much for the votes and the support!!

This chapter isn’t edited, since I want to get to bed really bad, so I apologize in advance if there are any errors.

Enjoy!

Chapter 20:

                The next day when I woke up I found Heather and Beth sleeping in very uncomfortable positions on the armchair and couch, both probably going to suffer a very sore neck. I got up off the couch and began to clean up the mess that we made, making sure to not step on any of the movies that we decided to leave carelessly on the floor. Last night, we were all in the mood for romantic comedies; well, all except for Beth. She was in the mood for a romance, but a sad ending. So that’s what we did, we watched all the Katherine Heigl movies that I owned, which is almost like, all of them, and then we watched as many Nicolas Sparks movies that we could squeeze in.

                Beth fell asleep some time during The Lucky One movie, while Heather and I stayed up watching the rest of the movies that we had picked out; staying up until about four in the morning. My parents came down around one to see if we were asleep, and they were surprised to see us still wide awake, and told us that if we were going to pull an all-nighter, to not take our lack of sleep on the rest of the family. We just laughed and flicked our wrists dismissively, but now that I am actually moving and causing my brain to actually function, I can see why they warned us. I. Am. Exhausted.

                Looking back at the couch, I found that the other two girls were still fast asleep, so deciding to take this opportunity, I ran upstairs, grabbed some clean fresh clothes, and hopped in the shower. The thing about showers is, I have to take hot showers, even it is like a hundred degrees outside, I can’t take a cold shower. The only time I had to take a cold shower was when my parents forgot to pay for the water bill or was it gas? I’m not sure, but anyway, I had to take a cold shower, and I’d much rather take a cold shower, than go a week without taking one.

                Once I was done getting ready, I rushed back downstairs, and saw that Heather and Beth were finally up, looking as groggy and tired as I had felt when I woke up. “Good morning girlies,” I greeted them cheerfully.

                With only one eye open, Heather said, groggily, “How can you  be so cheerful?” she rubbed her hand over her face, as if that was some way of getting rid of her tiredness.

“How do you think?” Beth snapped, speaking before I could. “She has a freaking boyfriend to greet this morning; whereas I’m stuck here all alone by myself with no guy in my life.”

Oh boy someone really got up on the wrong side of the armchair. I shook my head, out of the three of us, Beth is probably the crankiest, Heather is the least, she can be awake once she gets her caffeine, which is usually hot chocolate, Red Bull, or some kind of coffee. 

“But Heather has a boyfriend as well, and she’s just as easily annoyed as you are right now,” I commented.

“I’m not easily annoyed,” Beth growled back, getting up from the couch, and staggering to the kitchen. I watched as she poured herself some orange juice, probably thinking that that’ll make things so much better.