Chapter 19

New favorite song by her on the side>>>>>

Heart Attack by Demi Lovato

Chapter 19:

                The next day when I arrived downstairs, I found both Beth and Heather sitting on the couch watching the sixth season of One Tree Hill, while eating my cereal. Ignoring their presence for the moment, I went to the kitchen, and saw that the cereal box was on the counter, but empty.

                “You guys!” I called into the living room, my voice half whining and half angry. I could hear a whisper argument in the living room. I waited patiently for them to both come in and explain and maybe apologize for eating my food.

                “Ow!” I heard Beth cry. “Alright Miss. Violence, I’ll explain!”

                With my arms folded across my chest, I watched as Beth timidly come into the kitchen, with Heather following in behind. “Okay, I know we shouldn’t have really eaten the last of your cereal, but we were hungry, and well we didn’t know when you were going to wake up, so…” She let the last part of her sentence drag out, probably not knowing what else to say.

                I shook my head, a small smile starting to form on my lips. Unlike Heather, Beth isn’t really good at keeping her cool when caught in an act. “Alright, I don’t have any plans today, except for mucking the stalls because Daniel won’t be here until noon. While I’m down mucking stalls, you two can go to the grocery store, and by all the junk food you can find.”

                “Why?” Heather asked a curious look on her face.

                “Because, we’re going to have a movie day,” I answered, an excited smile starting to form on my lips. “I’ve hardly seen you guys since we got back from California, and well, today is as good as any to do that.”

                They both nodded their heads in response, and I watched with an amused expression as they hurried to the living room and quickly put on their shoes; and a minute later the door was shut and the start of their car echoed into the house.

                Going to the back porch, I put on my boots, and while putting my hair up in a messy bun, I began the walk to the barn. I noticed that all the horses were out already, which meant I didn’t I have to take the time to lead out all the horses.

                Putting in my headphones, I pushed play on my work out station, and began the hard labor of mucking stalls. Yeah, I know it’s not really exercising but, you know, you could count it as like weight lifting, right?

                About ten minutes into the work, my favorite song began to play, and I couldn’t resist; so I turned up the volume, and began to sing.

                “Never put my love out on the line, never said yes to the right guy. Never had trouble getting what I want. But when it comes to you, I’m never good enough. When I don’t care, I can play ‘em like a Ken doll. Won’t wash my hair. Make ‘em bounce like a basketball!”

                Picking up the wheelbarrow, with all the strength I could gather, while at the same time dancing, I began pushing it out toward the back of the barn. Have you ever tried dancing while pushing an extremely heavy wheelbarrow, and trying hard not to spill it? Let me tell you, it’s actually makes the job a whole lot more difficult!

                I was just about out of the barn, when of course I did a little bit too much of swinging my hips, in which case caused the wheelbarrow to, of course, topple over. “Crap!” I cried, lifting my head up toward the sky in frustration.