Chapter 10

Picture of Chase on the side>>>>>

Chapter 10:

Skylar’s POV

                When I walked into the house, I found my brother and my parents all sitting around the living room. They all looked at me, and the way they looked at this moment showed both anger and relief.

                “Skylar Lynn Jones, where have you been?” my mother screeched, causing me to cringe slightly. “Heather called saying you weren’t at the party and when you didn’t show up at all last night, we began to worry. Where in the world were you?” she asked, her voice rising with every word.

                “I-“

                “No, I don’t want any excuses,” my mom interrupted. “You know the rules. If you’re having a change in plans, you must call home and let your father or I know. For all we know you could’ve been kidnapped, taken hostage for money. Or worse, you could’ve been killed!” her voice reaching the highest level that I’ve ever heard it.

                “Mom!” I yelled, trying my hardest not to laugh at her. Behind her, I could see Chase and my dad chuckling silently, clearly amused by my mom’s reaction. When my mom gets angry, her index finger is usually pointed at the person in which she’s angry at. Her blue eyes start to go back and forth in a frantic manner, and really, she looks kind of crazy.

                “My truck broke down. So Daniel and I had to camp in Mr. Richardson’s barn for the night due to the thunderstorm,” I explained quickly.

                I watched as my mom’s mouth snapped shut a few times, probably debating on rather or not to say whatever it is she’s thinking about saying. When I looked to my dad and brother, I saw that their whole attitude had changed. Both were gripping their knees, and their jaw was clenched. Oh boy, maybe I shouldn’t have said that.

                “You were with Daniel?” my dad forced out, his voice strained. “By yourselves? With absolutely no adult super vision?” I nodded my head slowly, trying quickly to find a way to explain to my dad what happened before he started to go overprotective father on me.

                “Dad, we didn’t do anything,” I said. “He was a complete gentleman, and stayed his distance from me.” I’m technically not lying; he didn’t try any moves on me, but we did sort of hug and maybe I laid my head on his chest; but that’s it!

                “You look awful Sky,” Chase commented, trying to break the weird awkward silence. “What happened to you?”

                I then proceeded to tell them all that went on last night, leaving out the part where Daniel and I kissed, that I think they could stand to not hear. While telling them the events that went on, I replayed the memory in my mind, and found myself laughing at how cheesy and cliché last night was.