Chapter 15

Okay I know it's been almost two months since I've updated, and I know I said I was going to update two weeks ago, but my life has been a mess lately; and I deeply apologize for it. My school gets out in less than two weeks, now that doesn't mean I'll have updated more often, since I do plan on doing things this summer, but they'll be more frequent than they have been. Thank you so much for being patient with me, and wow, 370 reads! That's awesome; this book is doing amazing, and is helping me get motivated to get the next chapter up.

Now without any further ado, here it is; enjoy!

Chapter 15:

A week has gone by since I got my acceptance letter from Santa Barbra. The excitement of getting the letter finally cooled down two days after receiving it, which I must say I am quite happy about. I do love attention, well when it's something good I've done, but to have it going on for two days, is a bit much and annoying. Especially when it feels as though they never thought I'd make it to a big university in the first place; such little faith.

Over the course of the week, I was able to patch things up with Heather, and found that it wasn't something I had done to get her so angry at the world. I still don't know what it may have been, but all I do know is that I'm in the clear. I asked Heather if since she decided to go to WSU, if her plans had suddenly changed since I got into the university that we all have wanted to go to.

Her response was: "It's my parents dream for me to go where they went. Not mine." So, what I'm taking from that statement is she has decided to go to Santa Barbra. Either way, I hope she listens to what she wants to do. If Santa Barbra isn't her dream anymore, well, then she doesn't have to go.

Now as for Daniel and I, well we've been getting along pretty well. We flirt whenever I go down to the barn, and we've gone horseback riding around the grounds; and I've helped him here and there. No, we're not official, even though we have gone on small dates; most of them group dates. Although I do want to date him, I'm not sure if it'd be such a good idea; and for two reasons. One, I'm moving to California in less than two months, and the problem with that is, I don't think I can handle a long distance relationship and the fact that he doesn't know I'm going to California. Second reason is, well, he's going to WASU, here in Washington. So basically it'd just be summer fling sort of thing.

Deciding that now would be a good time to get up, since, it's already eleven o'clock in the morning, I literally roll out of bed, and walked to my closet. Since I'm most likely not going to do anything on this fine Wednesday, I grabbed my Adidas black and peach running jacket, my Nike black and dark magenta running shorts, along with my neon turquoise and yellow sports bra. Yeah, I know I'm not exactly matching, but hey, who cares, it's summer.

After taking a quick shower, I ran down stairs, with my Nike sports bag over my shoulder. Since today was actually supposed to be in the nineties, I decided that playing tennis is better now than on days that it's one hundred degrees.

Just as I had finished filling up two water bottles, the doorbell rang, causing me to jump. Haphazardly throwing the water in the bag, I jogged over to the door, and yanked it open, only to find Daniel standing on the other side. Cocking my head to the side, I gave him a confused look. "May I help you?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "Yes, I was looking for a Miss. Skylar Jones," he answered with a fake British accent.

"Well," I answered, playing along with a fake accent of my own. Only it didn't come out British it came out more Australian. "Let me go check to see if she is in." Slamming the door, literally, in his face, I walked over to the hall closet, and pulled out my dad's tennis racquet.