Flight 35A

My breath caught in my throat, and I was awestruck at the beauty before my eyes. The house was lot with candles everywhere. Roses filled the room also, with the aroma of sweet cinnamon incense. Looking down, I found a rose petals scattered on the floor. It made a little path, which I thought I should follow. I kept my eyes on the trail, as I walked in the direction it was taking me. It took to the dining room. 

"Hey." Cristiano's voice greeted. I looked up to see him dressed formally. Tie and all. I ran into his open arms and embraced him.

"What's all this?" I pointed to the candle lit dinner set on the table. Two plates, two glasses, wine, it was the whole enchilada there. He led me to one side of the table, not answering my question, nor taking his eyes away from me.

"For you." He replied once he sat me down on the chair. "Only the best." He took the seat right next to mine. Our seats were close together as he moved some plates around. Originally, the chairs were on the other side of the table. Till he just moved them over to be closer to each other.

"You didn't have to do all this." I whined a bit. This was all too much. Sweet, of course, no guy had ever went to the trouble of setting up a candle lit dinner, and decorate the house in such a romantic way. It was surreal. And I loved it.

"I didn't have to," He shrugged his shoulders. "I wanted to." He grinned at me. I could only help by smile back at the gorgeous man next to me. He served us our food, and we began to dig in. He told me about how he had to make up some excuse for my Mother to get out of the house. He told her that he apparently needed her to get me new thongs.

"She would never fall for that!" I commented with an incredulous look on my face.

"Of course not!" He chuckled. "Believe me, I've known your Mother for quiet some time, and it's not in her nature for her to go out and buy thongs for her daughter."

"So what did you tell her than?" I asked before stabbing the chicken with my fork. The food was delicious, and best of all, he cooked it all by himself. Alright, maybe my mother helped him in some aspects of cooking, but still. I hadn't noticed there was classical music playing, but there was. Geez, this guy knows how to woe a woman real good.

"I told her the truth. That's how I was able to decorate this place AND cook us food."

"Thank you." I said to him quietly, my voice was just above a whisper. I would miss Cristiano so badly. I turned to give him a small smile, just as he turned to look at me. Giving him a quick peck on the lips before sipping on the wine once more. 

"You're a really special woman to me Adeline." He whispered, though I didn't think it was meant for meant to hear. I kept quiet, waiting for him to say anything else but he just continued to eat.

As dinner continued, we made our small talk. It was comfortable with him and I can tell him just about anything. There were no awkward silences, no pauses unless we had something in our mouths, and I could honestly say, I've never had that with a guy I just recently met.

I didn't want to ruin the night with that question that's been dreading to blurt out. I wanted to know if we had something, like a connection, or whatever. I wanted to ask him if he wouldn't mind waiting for me. Wait for me, and wait for us. So we can start a good, proper relationship. That sort of question would probably cause some form of slight awkwardness between us. Was it just my paranoia telling me he wasn't going to wait? There weren't any signs that would say he wouldn't want to be my boyfriend. Unless I wasn't looking hard enough. 

Just stop it'. You're having dinner with an amazing man, and that's all you think about. If he was going to dump you, or not want to be with you. Adeline, this guys went through the trouble of making this dinner happen, this house decorated into something so beautiful, and still you don't think he wants more than a one night stand?