Ain't Life Grand?

I tucked in my skinnies into my gray UGG boots, continuing to walk with my cell on my right hand, and my caramel frappacino to my left. I didn't care if it was summer, I'm entitled to what type of shoes I want to wear at any season.

"Mother-" I tried to cut my Mom off from her French conversation, which only included her. I rolled my eyes and stopped when I saw the red hand. "Mo-" She still kept talking. Saying something about football, the players are nice, the weather is great, and getting married. I'm only 21. "Mére!" I screamed in attempt to make her shut the hell up. I side glanced the guy next to me who gave me a look. I smiled sweetly before walking across the street.

"Oui?" She asked into the mouthpiece. I could just picture her right now. With a big, satisfied smile on her face saying 'I Just Got My Daughter To Speak Her Native Tongue,' sipping on Bacardi with her friends. You see, she's been trying to get me to speak French ever since I moved out of France to live with my Dad, years after their divorce. I was 15 at the time. I hadn't even known much French to begin with seeing as how we lived in America. Then they got divorced I lived with Mom for awhile then moved to Dad's, still visiting Mom's who tries to get me to speak French all the time. It's all too confusing.

"Je ne veux pas un mari, s'il vous plaît ma mére, s'il vous plaît." I pleaded stomping my foot a bit as I finally reached Times Square. Basically, I told her I wasn't ready to get married.

"Á quelle huere?! Je voudrais petit enfants au'jourdi hui." She replied back with slight annoyance in her voice. It wasn't like she was aging. Then again, Dad and Mom did get married when they were just nineteen. So twenty one must've been old for her.

"Non merci. Mais..." I thought, considering if I should go to South Africa to see her for a while or not. "Pour toi. Je vacannes dans Africa. Pour toi. Pour toi." I said giving in. She squealed loudly, and I covered the ear piece by pressing it against my leg.

"Yay! I cannot wait my darling!" Mom replied in English. I smirked with satisfaction when she spoke English. Her accent was pretty thick though. "I shall tell my friends you are coming soon! Take the nearest flight! You know where I am. Je t'aime. Adieu."

"Adieu." I bid farewell as the called ended. I sighed now remembering I have to pack. Joy. Packing was one of my pet peeves. I really despised it. Unpacking also. I dialed my friends number as I continued walking down the streets of Manhatten.

"Hello?" I was greeted. I smiled gleefully when I heard them pick up.

"How would you like to come with me to South Africa?" I asked with confidence in my voice.

"Sure."

I smirked triumphantly at her answer, then proceeded to tell her to get her ass packing. This was going to be a pretty interesting trip.

~~

Okay just know that this was my very very first footballer's story ever before I got to really know the game & players. So if anything is off to you just know I did not do my research about two years ago! But I'm well educated now c;

Remember to vote or comment because it would mean the world to me! I always love dedicating chapters to people you know  <3