Trust Issues

Cody and I have been spending quite a bit of time together lately. That's to be expected. I mean- him and I use to be best friends. He explained the situation though. And I forgave him. He explained what happened after Slender recruited him. And the new poisons and chemicals he's made in the past years.

Jack has gotten distant with me. I thought maybe he hasn't eaten recently but I couldn't place my finger on it. It couldn't be about Cody right..? I mean there's nothing to worry about. He's just someone I reunited with. Maybe I should talk to Jack about it.

"Hey Cody, I'm gonna go check on Jack." I said while getting up.

"Can I go with?" His eyes lit up.

"I think it's better if I go alone for now." I gave him a quick hug and made my way up to Jacks room.

I knocked and to my surprise, the door opened right away.

"Jack? Are you okay? You haven't been yourself lately." He growled. I must've hit a nerve by accident.

"Why aren't you spending time with him?" He kept his back towards me.

"Jack.. he was my best friend when we were kids. Seeing him now is just a shock to me. That doesn't mean we can't still hang out. And spend time together." He slowly got off of his bed and walked over to me.

"Cant you see it?"

"See what?"

"He's trying to steal you from me. He wants to be anywhere you go. He's like a lost little puppy trying to find someone who will love him. And you just keep falling for his tricks. Tsk.. pathetic." He whispered the last part, but was clearly visible to me.

I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Do you want to know why I haven't said I love you yet?" He remained silent.

"I was waiting for the right moment to. I wanted to make sure my feelings were genuine. And I have those feelings for you. But you know what? Fuck this. Fuck that. I'm sorry Jack. I'm just gonna go." I didn't give a second thought before turning around and running towards the Mansion exit.

I heard Jack call out for me and run after me. As soon as I touched the grass, I transformed into my wolf and kept running. Not looking back. I love Jack. I really do. His attitude hurts.. I know he's just jealous. And I should've addressed that. This is all my fault. I've only messed them up. I haven't done anything right for them. I guess I'm just overthinking.. but I think this is for the best.

I could hear footsteps approaching me, and suddenly my body is brought down harshly to the ground.

"Y/N just listen to me!" Jack yelled panting for air.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way." He got off of me and dusted himself off catching his breath.

I nuzzled my nose under my paws and whimpered. I couldn't help it. I was hurting.

He placed his hand between my ears and gently ruffled my fur. Not gonna lie it felt good. My eyes looked up at Jack, that were already glowing blue.

"I know babygirl, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me."

Did he just call me- ugh my stupid butterflies.

He moved his hand to the side of my furry big head and scratched there. My tail automatically wagged creating small gusts of wind. I leaned into his hand. He didn't have his mask on of course, so I could see his expressions. But the aura flowing out of him, he seems hurt. Really hurt.

I crawled over to him and moved my head, gesturing him to climb onto my back. He listened and got on. I then, stood up and began running back to the Mansion. Sheesh.. I didn't think we ran out this far. How could he keep up so well?

"Y/N there's a strong blood scented aroma coming from the forest. Don't stop running." As he said that, the smell filled my nose making me sneeze.

I proceeded to run as I saw the house come into view. Just then, something collided with my body, making me fly into the thick stem of a tree, and Jack right next to me.

'Slender we need help'

I said I'm my mind hoping he'd pick up.

Whatever thing that knocked us over, came charging at me. I quickly changed into my human form and dove to the left, dodging the attack.

'Slender we need help?'

He finally answered.

What is troubling you child?

'Something is attacking us in the forest. They broke through the barrier. Please come out here right now!'

Slender said nothing but teleported in front of me. Stopping the beast from going any further by wrapping his tendrils around it.

Who sent you to hurt my dear children.

I ain't telling you shit.

The voice it spoke in was terrifying. It rung through my head. The beast laughed in the hold of Slender. I covered my ears and dug my face into the ground, as it's laugh pierced my ears creating a throbbing headache.

Jack got up off of the ground and rushed over to me, helping me up.

Take her inside Jack. I will deal with this.

He nodded to Slender and proceeded to help me walk inside the house. As soon as we opened the door, Masky and BEN came running to us.

"Are you guys okay? What was that?" Masky questioned.

"We don't know." Jacks voice sent chills down my spine.

Jack sat me at the kitchen table and warmed some coffee up. Cody came running downstairs, out of breath.

"Oh my god Y/N are you okay? I heard what happened." I just nodded.

Cody seems to clingy. I get that we haven't seen each other in a long time, but he always wants to be with me non stop. What's his motive? He has to have one. He gave me a tight hug, but I didn't hug back. Jack took notice and spoke up.

"X-Virus, give her some space." He shot a glare at Jack then backed off.

Slender teleported to the right of me.

It is taken care of child. He was sent by Zalgo. But I ripped him limb from limb and burned his remains.

I gave Slender a weak smile.

"Thank you."

to be continued...