Chapter Twelve

CONCORE PUBLISHING

{Christy's Outfit}

{Christy's Outfit}

The Next Day. Christy is sitting on the sofa in her best friend's, Max's office, with her laptop, typing up her story.

Max slowly walks into his office. He and Christy exchange smiles at each other.

"Hi, Max." Christy said.

"Hi to you too, Christy. How's your story coming along?" Max asked, sitting on the sofa beside Christy.

"It's pretty good." Christy said, gently puts down her laptop on the coffee table. "So, where have you been? It's been a thousand years since you and I seen each other, Max?"

"After I had awakened from slumber, I made myself a home here. I have an loft apartment here in the French Quarter." Max said to Christy. "I've readjusted myself. I still have a drawing of you at my loft apartment."

"Really?" Christy said.

"Yeah. I do. And so, after I readjusted myself in the French Quarter, I wanted to try something new, so I became interested in stories." Max said. "But I did missed you."

"And I got your letter." Christy said.

"Christy, I am really happy that you and I have become best friends again." Max said.

"Yeah. Me too." Christy said, and smiles a little. "And I still adore your British accent."

Max and Christy exchange playfully chuckles with each other and gently picks up a pillow and tosses it at him, making Max spill orange juice on him.

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry." Christy said.

"It's fine. It's just orange juice." Max said, getting up to his feet.

Christy gets some napkins and gets up to her feet, and gently pats the orange juice on Max's long sleeve buttoned up shirt.

"You have the same medallion tattoo." Christy said, gesturing to the medallion tattoo on his right side bare chest. "Mine's on my right side back shoulder."

"I know." Max said, referring to their former romantic relationship.

Max and Christy exchange small smiles at each other.

"Am I interrupting something?" Klaus asked, having walked inside Max's office.

Max and Christy looks at Klaus, who has become annoyed.

"I spilled some orange juice on my shirt." Max said to Klaus.

"Or perhaps, you did, so, Christy, could get closer to you." Klaus said, annoyed.