Co-Head Counselor

------------

I snicker, looking over at Dave seeing him clear his throat. "Its, us, kind of a co-head counselor." Dave explained after earning questioning looks, letting out an awkward chuckle. Roxie glanced at him with slightly furrowed brows, lips pulling into an amused smile.

"Anyway!" Dave cleared his throat, eager to switch the topic off himself. "Some of you won contests to be here, some of you had VIP invites, but for the next two weeks, all of you will be getting five-star treatment!" While Dave spoke, Brooklyn turned her phone, getting shots of each of the campers. One of the girls moved out of frame with her hand covering her face. She took another step to the side, accidentally bumping into me.

"Sorry." She whispered, meeting my gaze for a brief second before looking back at the counselors. The tip of her ears turned red, gaze locked forward. She cleared her throat quietly, taking a small step away from me, hands clasped in front of her. In a way, she reminded me of a tortoise retreating into its shell.

"As out first campers, you'll be getting exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of Jurassic World" Roxie explained, pausing for a moment to let the others cheer and express their excitement before continuing. "As well as kayaking, rock climbing, obstacle courses, and of course-"

"Dinosaurs?" One of the boys excitedly cut off, leaning forward in anticipation. When he realized his outburst had drawn attention, he leaned back, clearing his throat softly. Roxie nodded, taking a peak at the clipboard before addressing him.

"Yes, Darius, plenty of dinosaurs" She answered with a kind smile. "So, ready for an adventure?"

"Absolutely! But i'm gonna need that speech a little shorter, and really lean into the majesty of this place" Brooklyn instructed, lowering her phone. Roxie and Dave started at her in silence, glancing at each other before moving on.

"Okay, were going now. Lets get the seven of you to camp."

"Uh, there's only six of us" The timid sea sick boy spoke up, lifting his hand as he glanced at the others. A small grunt left you, shoulders slumping. Right, you had almost forgotten. Dave leaned forward squinting as he looked over everyone.

"Wait.. Dino kid, Track star, Internet girl, Barfy, Texas, Glasses... He's right, where's  seven?" Roxie took another glance at the clipboard, looking over what was written before groaning. Her shoulders slumped and a heavy sigh left her. Only one person I knew could entice that type of reaction from people.

"He's making an entrance, isn't he?"

"Sure is. I assume you're familiar with our missing camper?" Pity was the only look Roxie could give me, not that you blamed her too much. Kenji was a special case, one that seemed to follow me everywhere.

"Sadly" I said with a slight smile