Story Time

-------------

The ominous noises of the fire crackling behind us as Daruis speaks. "We thought it'd be fun. We thought wed be safe, but... we didn't realize the... horror waiting for us on the island. Claws... Teeth.. Screaming..." The light from the fire showing on his face. Sammy gasping quietly, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"So much screaming" He begins again. "How much screaming?" Ben asks as he curls up next to kenji, grabbing onto his arm. "Shh! He's getting to the good part" Kenji shushes.

"The T. rex stalked closer. Her jaws opened wide." Darius opens his arms when the flash of a camera goes off and interrupts the story. "For the vlog." Brooklyn says. "Keep telling your little story" She encourages.

"Oh here we go" Kenji says, getting interested once again. Ben scooting closer to him this time. "

"The T. rex sta--"

"Dang! Out of space. Wait, I'm sorry, hold on. I just don't wanna delete me selfie on Everest, you know?" Brooklyn interrupts once again, now showing Sammy her photos.

I groan semi-loudly, just wanting to finish the story. "Maybe I should start over." Darius points out. "No! In fact, you can just stop." Ben clings on to kenji once again, somehow getting even closer to him.

"Dude, chill. hes not even telling the story right now. And how is your grip this strong?" Kenji starts to pull away from ben with no prevail.

"So the T. rex stalked--"

"Shouldn't we call Yasmina over" Sammy chirps "I bet she'd love this story"

Darius flops over onto the bench just giving up with the storytelling. "Maybe she just wants to be by herself." Brooklyn adds on. "I don't understand" Sammy flatly says.

"You know how sometimes people just wanna be left alone?" Kenji directs the last part to Ben. Sammy lets out a laugh, "kenji, you're hilarious. I think she's just shy and doesn't know how to make camp friends." She explains when a huge crash of thunder booms over us, a blinding lightning strike following.

"Maybe we should go inside guys" I suggest loudly as the rain begins to pour on us. "way ahead of you!" Ben shouts while already up the stairs, me following close behind.

"Darius, it wasn't that great of a story. I wasn't engrossed or anything." Ben rambles on. "Oh really ben? Is that why you were hugging onto kenji for dear life." I tease him.

Me, Kenji, Darius, and Brooklyn all stand around a table talking, i look over and see Sammy trying to talk to Yasmina.