Camp Cretaceous

--------

The sun had finally begun to set by the time the truck got to the camp side, finally coming to a stop. Dave opened the cargo door, stepping away to get everyone's luggage out. I hopped off the truck and stared up at the huge trees, seeing the wooden bridges leading from one tree to the next. Further up the main trees trunk was a platform and inside was where I assumed the main site was. It was smart. With it so far up, no carnivores would be able to reach it. Aside from the flying ones.

"Yasmina! Hey, girl!" Brooklyn walked past me to approach the track star, phone raised and ready to record. I walked towards the base of the tree, spotting an elevator. Dave set everyone's belongings down, turning and raising his hands to his lips.

"Announcement time from your co-head counselors!" Dave called out, waving for everyone to gather around.

"Still not a thing." Roxie muttered, stepping forward. "Okay, everyone, there's some ground rules to cover. Curfews at 8:00 pm, and lights out at 9:00 pm sharp." Roxie said, pausing to let everyone voice their complaints.

"This is for your safety. We are in a dinosaur filled jungle. You must always keep your distance, or you could be seriously hurt, if not worse." Roxie continued. Kenji scoffed, leaning over to whisper to me.

"Can you believe the curfew? Jesus, were not kids." He shook is head in discontent, frowning as Roxie finished speaking. "I don't know, its not the best by any means but I get it" I whisper back to my friend, shrugging my shoulders.

"Its not as if we'll see anything worth while after dark" I pointed out quietly, hearing kenji hum in response

"Bunks are that way." Dave pointed upwards towards the treehouse, quickly stepping out of the step for everyone, Yasmina smiled widely, shoving kenji out of the way and grabbing her luggage. I chuckled as he stumbled forward, heading up the stairs and following Yasmina to the elevator after picking up my luggage.

"First one there gets top bunk!" YAs called over her shoulder, entering the elevator and spinning around. Her smile faltering slightly upon making eye contact with me, her former energy disappearing almost entirely. She cleared her throat, looking and tucking her hair over her hair over ear. Before I could question her behavior, I was shoved forward, an arm slinging around my shoulder, making me laugh as I look at Kenji. Brooklyn, Ben, and Sammy quickly piled in after kenji, laughter leaving the girls. The elevator rose up to the top floor, the doors sliding open. Stepping off the elevator revealed a livingroom area with a pool table and a kitchen, a large balcony allowing a view over some of the forest. Yasmina pushed through, making a bolt for the stairs where the bedrooms were. Brooklyn and Sammy ran after her, Their voices growing muffled when they reached the second floor.

I looked around, taking my time. It seemed spacious, more than big enough for seven kids. "So, i'm sensing some chemistry between Brooklyn and I. Mind being my wingman? Ill be your wingman if you like Sammy or Yasmina or Benny boy" Kenji grinned, arm locked around my shoulders. His words made ben spin around looking between me and kenji with wide eyes.

"I don't like anyone" I clarify, shooting kenji a look. Ben slowly nodded, continuing towards the stairs and heading up.

"Listen, bro. If your type is someone like ben-"

"Its not"

"I know you have a thing for nerdy guys"

"Shut up Kenji"

"Do you like Brooklyn? Listen, you're my girl but"

"She's not my type"

"Okay, so Sammy or Yasmin-" I let out a groan, quickening my pace and jogging up the stairs. I entered the bunk area choosing one of the bunks with a nice view out the window. I sat down, pulling my luggage onto the mattress and opening it. My polaroid laid on top of my clothes and my shoes, the sight of it settling my nerves. I picked it up to see a note left by my brothers and mom"

'Hope you have fun! -mom' 'Be safe ugly -(B/N)' 'I'm taking your room if you don't come back (B/N)'

I couldn't help but to smile, I miss my brothers and my mom but its good to get away. I placed the sticky note back down. I noticed a shadow over me, peering up at Ben. he avoided my gaze, clearing his throat and glancing at the others over his shoulder.

"Thank you for, y-you know helping me back there on the truck" He spoke quickly and nervously, messing with his fingers and fanny pack. His shy tone not changing from earlier

"Oh, it was no problem Ben. You're welcome" I smile widely at him, watching as he lifts his head to make eye contact. He smiled at me slowly, relaxing a bit before giving me a small wave and walking back to his bunk.

Maybe it wont be so bad here.