After Curfew

----------

Were all stood on top of the view tower with the zipline as so many dinosaurs and walking under us. I'm standing in-between Ben and Yas as we all stare down over the edge. "Wow" I hear Darius say next to me, "Dinosaurs" Brooklyn says, the sound of dinosaurs bellowing in the background. We all stare down at the animals when Daruis speaks up again.

"There's Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus!" He laughs in excitement. "Wow, you really do know your stuff, dino-nerd." Brooklyn says, sounding surprised as i look over to them before turning my gaze back to the dinosaurs. "Check out the... Brontosaurus." Kenji points out, most likely trying to impress Brooklyn.

Darius quickly speaks up "They don't have those here. Common mistake." I laugh which earns a glare from Kenji. "Enough banter! Its zip-line party time!" Dave shouts as we all walk over to the edge, ben being sat down to be first to go.

"Me? Maybe Yasmina should go first, or... Daruis? (Y/N)?" Ben stammers nervously.

"You got this ben" I reassure him quickly with a smile.

"Uh.. Or anyone! I really don't--" He speaks quicker but its cut off with a scream as Dave pushes him.

After Ben we are all quickly sent off onto the zip-line, laughing and cheering as we go. Dinosaurs bellowing below us while we stare in awe as we pass over them. When get back to the tree house area we all run back to our bunks and talk for a bit before going to bed.

--------

I wake up abruptly from somebody shaking me awake. "Dude.. what do you want" I groan, staring up at kenji.

"(Y/N) bro wake up.. follow me okay?" Kenji says in a shushed voice to not wake the others.

I begrudgingly get up out of bed and start to follow kenji around in the dark before he grabs my arm and starts dragging me down the stairs. When we reach the bottom Kenji flicks on the light and I see Daruis standing there. "Oh, hey there, dino-nerd. Watcha doing?" Kenji smugly says while leaning on the door frame as I send a small wave to Darius.

"Huh? uh, nothing! I was just, uh, heading out 'cause... thirsty." He points in a few different directions, causing Kenji to point over to the water jug in the corner of the room which causes me to laugh slightly.

"Oh, yeah. I.... I meant, um.. hungry." He retaliates, which again makes kenji walk over to some candy jars and tap on the counter, a smirk never leaving his face. I try to drown out Kenjis voice, I just stare at the two of them bickering back and fourth when there's a sudden flash and a click next to me.

"So that's what toxic masculinity looks like" Brooklyn says beside me, messing with her phone before looking back up at the boys.

The four of us talk for a bit when Daruis brings up that he wanted to go find the compy enclosure because he sees lights and that must be it. We talk it over and decide to go look for the enclosure together.