Ruri: Weird Duelist

(A/N: For Ruri stories, I will have the Male Reader, Y/n (Your Name), use a The Phantom Knights Deck with Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon as his ace, just like Yuto's deck. Enjoy!)

(Your POV)

Today's my first day at this school. Classes have been alright, even though I know I'll get bored of them in the future, I was kind of intrigued. Or maybe that's how everyone feels when they're new to a school.

Anyways, just like my old school, in the middle of the day, half the school goes outside for Dueling Period. In my old school,  it was called "Duel Time", which is a 30 minute activity after lunch that everyone just goes outside and duel. Here though, it's an actual period that half the school had at the same time and the other half had it after us.

As I exit the school, I hear someone calling me.

???: Y/n wait!

You: Hmm?

I turn around to see that it's my girlfriend, Ruri. Me and her have been dating for a while, even before I came to this school. My dad and her dad are really great friends from work. My dad would sometimes host a barbeque night at our house and he would invite him and not only would he come over, but the rest of his family would too. Sometimes it's the other way around as well. That's how I met Ruri and we'd eventually have these feelings towards each other and about 6 months later after we met, we started dating.

After convincing my parents, I was able to enroll in the same school as her at the start of second quarter.

You: What's up?

Ruri: Geez, you can't wait for your own girlfriend? You're a bad boyfriend.

You: What? Sorry, I didn't know where you were.

Ruri: (Giggles) I'm just messing!

She said before she gave me a hug. I hugged her back and after we broke it, we held each other's hand as we walked outside to the Duel Grounds.

Ruri: Yuma still wants to duel you.

You: Huh? Oh, yeah, that's right.

Before school started, Ruri introduced me to some of her friends today, one of them is named Yuma. He wanted to see what I was made of and wanted to duel me during Dueling Period

Ruri: You know, I can't wait to see how you duel.

You: Haha, I can't wait to show you. I can't wait to show all of you.

Ruri: Wow, you must be strong.

You: Nah, just unique.

Ruri: If you say so~ Oo! There they are!

Ruri pointed and led me in the direction when was pointing at. It was Yuma and her other friends that she introduced me to, Bronk, Tori, Reginald and Rio. It seems like they already have a court ready for me and Yuma to duel on. We both walked up to them.

Ruri: Hey guys!

Tori: Hey, they're here!

Bronk: What's up you two?

Yuma: Hey Ruri! What's up Y/n, ready for our duel?!

You: You bet! I'm excited!

Yuma: Me too! It's nice to duel someone else for a change! 

You: Well then, let's get the duel going!

Yuma: Right!

Yuma and I walked to the opposite ends of the court as the others just watched from the sidelines.

Yuma: You ready Y/n?!

You: Ready when you are!

Yuma: Alright then!