Ruri: Ex

(Your POV)

Ruri: (sniff) That jerk... (sobs)

You: I'm sorry about him Ruri...

I say as I pat Ruri on the back as she cries in her hands. We're both sitting on a bench at the park where she asked me to meet her. It seems like she and her boyfriend got into a big fight and in the heat of the moment, he slapped her. So, she asked me to meet up at the park to talk. Of course, I agreed since I am her best friend, and I've got a huge crush on her.

You can already guess what I've been trying to do. I've been waiting for her and her boyfriend to break things off, that way when she's now single, I can have her all to myself.

Ruri: (cries) i hate him...

You: So what's between you two guys? You just taking a break from each other?

Ruri: (sniff) i'm done with him... i broke things off right after i left his place...

You: Oh. Sorry things ended off badly.

Ruri: it's whatever...

She lifts her head up and wipes her tears away.

Ruri: (sniff) He was a jerk anyways, always saying I could do better, embarrassed to show any affection to me at school since I was a weak Duelist, and we would argue every single day.

You: Well, the way you've been talking about him, I know you deserve better.

Ruri: Thanks... Hmph, you know what, I do!

Ruri suddenly gets up and stretches.

You: Huh?

Ruri: I'm gonna just forget about him and move on! My tears would just be a waste if I'm crying about him!

Ruri then looks at me, grabs my hand and lifts me off the bench.

You: Woah!

Ruri: C'mon! Let's go get some Ice cream or something and just take a walk and talk! I haven't gotten to talk to my best friend a lot since my boyfriend- I mean, ex-boyfriend was super overprotective to who I talk to.

You: Uh- Yeah sure, we can get some ice cream.

Ruri: (giggles) Cool! Let's go-

???: Hey!

Ruri/You: Eh?

We both turn to the voice and saw that it was her Ex-boyfriend.

Ruri: Reginald?

You: Shark?

Reginald: Hmph, what do you think you're doing Ruri? I told you, you can't be talking to other guys.

Ruri: We're done Reginald! I broke up with you!

Reginald: Yeah right... And what do you think you're doing L/n? I thought I told you to stop talking to my girl.

You: She's not your girl anymore.

Reginald: Whatever... C'mon Ruri, I'm hungry, I'll drive us to dinner but since I am, you have to pay.

Ruri: I'm not going anywhere with you. I don't want to be with you anymore.

Reginald: Grr...

Reginald takes one step forward as Ruri takes two steps back. I look at her, she's trembling but has an angry face showing. She's scared but doesn't want to show it. I glare at Reginald and step in front of Ruri.

You: Back off Shark.

Reginald: Step aside, L/n. I won't ask a second time.

You: She doesn't want to be with you anymore, why can't you see that?