The bassist and his bitch

The lights were low backstage at the bar where Steve worked, Robin was serving customers so it was his job to check all the amps were plugged in for the gig of a small town band (who mostly did covers, however they apparently had some original work) he had seen the lead guitarist earlier, speaking heatedly with a shaggy redhead man, who had ,since then, not been seen for some time..

Eddie was panicking, he had just booted his bassist for making comments about a girl who was obviously underage and with an hour to show he didn't have many options, but there was however a selection of instruments back stage, he supposed he could hire a temporary bass player for the night but he definitely would need a permanent replacement at some point.

Steve knelt by the outlets, trying to untangle a few separate cables, completely ignoring the burning of eyes on his neck;

"Hey kid!" A soft yet enthusiastic voice came from behind him.

He stood up.

The boy that Eddie had yelled to was in fact not a kid, but was around his age and a little taller than him with a jawline that was soft in its definition and kind eyes which stared directly at him when he spoke.

"You're the band guy right?"
"Yeah, hey, listen we need a bassist because ours is kinda gone and I was wondering if you knew of any?.."

"Oh- uh yeah actually.." he hesitated for a moment,  wondering if this was a good idea, the words lingered before he blurted out "I play bass, Robin over there plays piano"

"Awesome! Come along, come meet the band, we do have another bassist but he's sick right now and I like having two anyway"

"Oh?" Steve gave an amused smile and the long haired man nudged him softly
"Don't be getting dirty yet, you aren't even on stage"

"Munson! Get your ass over here we need a sound check!"

A boy with heavily dark blond hair called them over from behind a set of mismatched drums and gestured them towards the stage..

"Okay, we're just gonna go over some originals and some covers, the tabs should be in my guitar case"

Steve could only nod for the rest of the bar was shadowy but under the stage light he could see the guitarist well, he had curly brown hair, brushed out so it was fuzzy and tied back into a low ponytail and large round brown eyes like saucers of ink and stars. Tight black jeans hung low on his waist with only a light denim vest on his upper half, he had a few silver ear piercings and some chunky but some how sleek rings adorning his well toned hands, in total he was hauntingly beautiful in such a way that it almost felt like poison, everyone has the urge to taste it but the glory wouldn't last long for men like this always had someone on their arm.