Chapter II

Still drenched in blood, sweat and tears, Izuku made his way towards the bathroom. When he entered, he didn't bother to lock the door and just began to remove his clothing. After all, what's the point of you live alone? He just got used to it. However, as well as living alone being a teenager had its perks, there were also disadvantages to this. Being only 16, Izuku couldn't pay for things like electricity bills. All he would pay for, was the rent and the water bill. This money was what Inko had left for her son incase of an accident like what had occurred. Though, she never truly wanted him to use that money as she wanted to see Izuku grow up all the way from childhood to adulthood. But that wasn't to happen. Not anymore.

Turning on the shower, Izuku slid open the glass door and got in. The water was cold. Freezing cold. The boiler hasn't been put to use in a long while as the bill had not recently been paid. Izuku didn't mind it though. Cold showers were supposedly good for the body, and it was supposed to strengthen your bones. He grabbed the shampoo, washed his hair and then soon after, conditioned it. Then, Izuku grabbed the body wash - it was supposed to have a lime scent to it. He scrubbed his body, making sure to get every drop of blood off his skin. Izuku didn't like making his showers too long, for it would be more expensive. Yet, he just stood for a little while. Not really looking anywhere; just zoning out. However, one thing did catch his eye. Something sharp. Something that could cause him pain that he himself inflicted. The razor. The razor with thin, sharp edges that could cut deep through skin.

Izuku took it into his hand. He examined the small yet sharp object.

No one ever finds out.. they always heal almost immediately and it never leaves a single scar. Well, it's not that anyone would much care if they found out anyway...

With the icy water still spraying from the shower head, it merged with a red liquid as it hit the floor and swam down into the drain. The razor was firmly being pressed onto Izuku's left wrist, while his right hand does the work of gliding it across his smooth skin. But that skin soon became jagged as multiple more deep cuts were made all up Izuku's forearm. He did it quickly, so he could see his work before it disappeared as if it was never there. Blood spewed from all of the deep and wonky wounds. And for some reason, he smiled. Izuku grinned at what he had done to himself. He thought he deserved what he did to himself. Of course he had done this before as his only working coping mechanism, but something felt.. different. Notice how I mentioned nothing about the pain? Izuku couldn't feel it. Well, of course he could feel the pain and the fresh cuts he made, but he.. he enjoyed the feeling. He didn't wince, nor did he flinch. He never wined or groaned while he proceeded making the cuts all up his arm. Why was he enjoying it? Pain was supposed to make a person suffer.. not make them happy. But even then, they still disappeared. This wiped the grin off of Izuku's face, as well as making him snap back to reality.

He sat down. The water sliding down his smooth skin, no jagged lines from injuries to be seen. He began to contemplate why this happened to him. Why was he one that ended up living this life. He held his head in his hands, the liquids pouring from his eyes dripping into the same drain as the water.

Eventually, he look down at his wrists, now only a few drops of blood left. He shook his head in disapproval and twisted his body around to twist the nob for the shower to stop running. He stepped out and grabbed a large towel and wrapped it sturdily around his waist.

What's wrong with me..? Was Izuku's only thought on the matter. He tried to come up with answers as to why the suffering pleased him, but he couldn't find out why. Pain was meant for punishments, not pleasure.

Izuku went straight to bed after that. No dinner, he just threw on some pyjamas and tucked himself into bed. The beating had exhausted him, so it was necessary to skip his hour training session in the evening, just this once. Though, he couldn't help but continue to think about the events that occurred earlier on. It was confusing him. He was partially glad that he didn't have to feel physical hurt anymore, but was that only because of the razor's effect? Was he still going to feel other pain inflicted onto him? Well, the next day, he was going to find out...

***

After doing his usual routine - that consists of a morning jog for training, and then preparing for the day - Izuku was making his way to school. And still, he couldn't get last nights event out of his mind. So, being Izuku, he mumbled to himself about the situation.

"Will the beating hurt or will I enjoy that too? Maybe I wasn't enjoying it, but I had just gotten so used to it? I guess that's helpful in mind of my quirk.. if I didn't need to bother amount feeling the pain. It would actually be quite beneficial, because then I could last longer in the field.. but that still doesn't explain why this has all of a sudden happened. Maybe it is just the fact that it's happened to me so often.. but I'm still concerned as to why-" and he was cut of with a blow to the back of his head.

"ACK!" Izuku yelped at the sudden shock sent through the back of his head, but he didn't find it painful. Instead, he acted as if it hurt by holding onto his head, knowing exactly what the person behind him would do if he showed that it didn't hurt.

"Stop your fucking mumbling Deku!"

Katsuki Bakugo. Izuku's childhood 'friend'. They've known each other for so many years, yet when they began training together with their quirks, Katsuki found Izuku had the perfect defence quirk for him and his group. So, from then on, they just continued to beat him up for their own 'training', and Izuku allowed it. And soon, the group just started to hate him more for trying to be a hero like All Might. They degraded him and trash talked him, just for their own satisfaction.

"S-Sorry Kacchan.." and by now, Izuku's head was perfectly fine.

"Stay in the classroom after school. Me and some other extras want to do some training," the blonde smirked as he saw Izuku tense at his order. And before Izuku could even reply with a nod, Katsuki threw an explosion at the side of Izuku's face before jogging off to school, wanting to leave the poor boy to suffer alone. But he didn't suffer. He smiled. Even though the explosion had removed almost all of the skin from the side of Izuku's face, he still smiled. Huge amounts of blood dripped from his face, as you could now see his teeth through what should had been his cheek. You could see his eye in its socket without having any flesh around to stabilise it. He looked dead. He should have been dead, if not for his quirk.

Someone on the opposite side of the road screamed as they saw the state Izuku was in. But soon enough, regeneration cells did their work and fixed up his face in no time. Now his grin was fully visible. Izuku had answered his own question: Will I enjoy other injuries from my beating? Yes. Yes I will..