Chapter Four | Amelia

Narrator

Part One - A Meeting

March 28th, 2016

Hero was sitting at the desk writing the last pages of the project that he had to hand in at 8 am

Hero was sitting at the desk writing the last pages of the project that he had to hand in at 8 am. He got up at five in the morning to finish it. On the other hand, his roommate Felix was not too happy about waking up at five in the morning to watch Hero do his homework.

"Are you done? I'm sleepy and hungry." Felix was whining while making paper aeroplanes from the pages of a cooking magazine he found on a desk.

"I've got a little bit left, and I'm done. Go to my backpack. I have a sandwich in it." Hero looks at Felix and then continues writing.

***

"I don't understand why we came here at 7 in the morning. Couldn't you email her the paper like a normal student?" Felix whines behind Hero, and he rolls his eyes at him.

"I've explained that if I don't give my paper, the Accounting teacher will fail me. And I don't want to hear my father start an entire rant about how I cannot finish my degree in business." They walk into the classroom and look around. Hero wonders how the hell it is only 7:30 am, and there are already a few students in the class. I mean, he's here at 7:30 am, too, but he's going to leave before the teacher shows up.

A few rows in the back of the class are two girls. One of them is desperately looking for a folder she can't find. The other girl is preoccupied looking at a fashion magazine.

"Emily, please help me. If I can't find the folder, I feel like I will have a heart attack. You know that the teacher already has a problem with me because I don't always come to class, but somehow I'm up to date with the lessons and pass all the exams." Amelia, the blonde girl, gets on her knees and starts looking under the chairs for the folder. Emily, the redhead, looks at her nails, explaining how it took the manicurist almost four hours to make the model she wanted on her nails. Four white nails and on the ring a drawing of the Eiffel tower.

"Emily, I don't care about your nails! Either you help me, or you leave!" Amelia looked under the chairs and then, shocked at Emily. "It's a used condom in the back row!"

"Do you think that the Accounting teacher is fucking with a student? I mean, she's probably 30. She's fucking with one in the second or third year. Maybe even a senior." Emily dropped to her knees and looked under the chairs. "It's an xl size." She grins.

"Ho– How do you know what size it is?" Amelia stood up and shook her dusty skirt.

"I had my fair share of xl sizes." She grins and looks around. "So your folder isn't here. Are you sure you didn't leave it in the dorm?"

"I had the folder with me. I had it in my arms when I got here. And then Derek came." Amelia rolls her eyes and frowns. "And you know what an idiot Derek is. He took my folder because I told him I wasn't going with him after class, and I don't know where he put it." She looks around and puts her hands on her face. "I'm fucked if I don't have the folder when class starts."