Chapter Ten | A club

Hero

"Can you tell me why Felix has a black eye?" Oliver asked as he sat down next to me at the bar

"Well, next time, he shouldn't forbid me from talking to people just because he's worried that I'm drinking," I say, looking down at my watch.

It's 7 pm, and I want to go home and watch a movie before I go to work tomorrow. I enjoyed attending parties when I was younger – yes, 25 is old. Everything was fun, the drinking, the girls, the random hookups, the awkward walk of shame in the morning back home at my parent's house. But now I don't want to party. Sure, I can go out and have dinner or maybe a beer at the pub watching a football game, but I'm not in the mood for going out and clubbing. I'm also an introvert, so perhaps some don't understand, but going to parties makes me feel suffocated. Too much human interaction and most people here are my friends, yet I still feel uncomfortable.

"I understand you are mad at him for not wanting you to hang out with Josephine, but—"

"You knew about this shit too? Did you had like a conversation last night or something?"

He sighs and looks at me. "After you left to drive Josephine home. Look, I want the best for you. You deserve happiness; if Josephine is the source of that, go for it. But I don't want you to go through that crazy shit again if she decides you work best just as friends."

"Me drinking had nothing to do with Jo. A lot of shit happened that year, so let's not exaggerate."

"Okay, man." he pads on my shoulder and walks away. I shake my head, take my whiskey glass, and look around at the crowd. That's when I saw her; she's truly a beauty. I knew she was a beauty, but god damn it, in person, she's to die for. She notices me too, and quickly walks towards me and smiles.

"Hi. Happy birthday!" She leans in and kisses both of my cheeks, and I can't help but put my hands around her waist and hold her in place as I watch her gasp at my grip.

"Hi." I look at her and smirk. "Thank you."

"It's crowded. Are all these people your friends or just random?" She looks around and then at me.