𝗇𝗈𝖻𝗈𝖽𝗒

S4 characters; this takes place after Max was first cursed by Vecna, but before the Hawkins group starts preparing to take down Vecna. The Hawkins group had contacted Mike and Will and had informed them both about Vecna, and what to do if any of them encountered him. El has just gotten out of the lab and Mike, Will, Johnathan and Argyle have just reunited with her.
Mitski also exists in the 80s in this story.

___
Unknown Desert, Lenora 4:29pm

Will watches as Mike runs up to El, both of them wrapping their arm around each other as they kiss, tears of sadness and joy flowing out of each of their eyes.

Will smiled a sad smile, jealous but glad that his half-sister is okay.

He then paused, frozen with fear.

"D-dad..?" Will questioned quietly, his voice shaky and full of terror. Why was his dad here?

Will's eyes then started to well up with tears and as El left Mike's embrace, she walked over to Will, her smile fading and her mind filling with confusion.

"Will?" The girl asked as she waved her hand in front of Will's face, watching as he stayed frozen, twitching eyes almost rolled to the back of his head.

"Will?" Mike asked, walking towards Will and El.

As soon as Mike looked at Will he knew what had happened. Vecna had gotten Will.

"S-shit.. WILL, WILL WAKE UP!" Mike yelled, gripping Will's shoulders with both of his hands, shaking him.

"Mike, what's wrong with Will?" El asked, still confused an unaware of who Vecna was and what he was doing.

Will began to float up slowly, his arms and legs hanging beside him.

"JOHNATHAN!" Mike yelled, catching the attention of the older Byers brother.

"WHAT'S WILL'S FAVORITE SONG?!" Mike questioned, panicking.

Johnathan instantly got out of the pizza delivery van and ran over to Mike, Will, and El, knowing what was going on.

"U-uh, I don't know!" Johnathan replied with his arms in the air, still a little high.

Mike and Johnathan are back and forth yelling at each other, both boys scrambling to find a plan.

"Mike."

"Not now El, Will is in serious danger!" Mike yelled back.

"Mike look at Will's hand! He's trying to talk to us!" El yelled, loud enough to catch both boys' attention.

Will tapped his right hand at his side. Mike instantly remembered when Will was possessed by the Mind Flayer and he spoke to them; but not with words.

Morse code.

"Morse code!" Mike shouted, a smile of slight relief appearing on his face.

That smile quickly faded once he realized, he didn't know Morse code.

"Shit! I don't know morse code!" Mike exclaimed, panic rising within him once more.