𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗄-𝗈-𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗂𝖺 1

This takes place in s4 after the Byers picked up Mike from the airport. El and Will are basically switched in this situation.

___
Rink-O-Mania 3:58pm

"Have fun, okay?" Johnathan waved from the passenger seat of his friend's Sufer Boy Pizza van.

Will half-turned around lousily and slightly waved back at his brother. Mike and El already walking in, hand in hand.

"Okay.." He responded flatly.

El toured Mike of the rink, showing him where they would get their skates, where to order food, and more. Will stayed close behind, being completely ignored by the person he had wanted to see most.

After the small tour, El led them back to the shack that sold skates and socks.

El ordered her size of skates with Mike and they both sat down on a bench to put them on. After them, Will got his skates as well.

When Will had gotten back to the bench with his skates, Mike had gotten up and walked over to the shack again. Will assumed that Mike was buying a pair of socks, since the tall boy had been seen with flip-flops on.

El finished putting on her skates and went to Mike who had already been walking back. El assisted Mike with the skates as Will sat waiting for them.

Hand in hand once again, Mike and El walked over to the skating rink. Will continued to follow close behind.

As the couple and the third wheel stepped onto the rink and started skating slowly and awkwardly, the ravenette started a new conversation.

"So, how many times have you guys been here?" Mike asked the two brunettes, his eyes still paying close attention to his feet and in front of him.

"Five times." El replied with a smile.

"How 'bout you, Will?" Mike asked.

"Like, once or twice.." Will responded quietly.

"We really like it here, it's a very fun party place." El said.

"I've gone here with my friends a few times, it's super fun!"

"Will doesn't go a lot because it's not really his thing, but when he did go, we had lots of fun together!" El continued, beaming with joy.

Will smiled a bit too. It felt nice to be reminded of those fond memories of the two skating, both of them falling on the floor in funny ways from lack of experience.

Will's gaze turned to a small group of boys by the entrance of the place, pointing ahead and laughing.

It had looked like they were pointing and laughing at him.

They were pretty far away and there were loads of people, so Will wasn't able to make out whether he had recognized those people.

He decided not to think much of it, and continued to skate behind his step-sister and his crush.

"I wonder what those guys are pointing at." Mike said randomly as he squinted his eyes, trying to get a better look.