𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗌

This takes place before season 1.

___
Hawkins Middle School 2:45pm

Will sat patiently in the back of the class, waiting for the bell to ring to indicate the school day was over.

Mike, Dustin, and Lucas have a different class than Will at the end of the day. Will doesn't love it, but he is glad to have most of his classes with his friends.

The clock ticked. 2:46. The bell rang.

The teacher scrambled to get his last words out before all of the children left. Although school wasn't really super fun or interesting all the time, Will didn't rush out like the others.

He walked out of the classroom, books in hand.

As he walked closer to his locker, he got shoved several times by people passing by. I guess if you don't match everyone else's pace, that's bound to happen.

Will put his books in his backpack and shut his locker. He began walking towards the exit.

The rest of the party rushed out rather quickly, so they all usually wait at the bike rack for Will.

Will exited the building and walked towards the bike rack.

"Hey, Will!" Mike greeted.

Before Will could say anything, Troy and James came out.

"Hey Will!" James mocked.

Will's smile quickly faded, and so did everyone else's.

Troy pushed Will onto the ground, his head hitting the wall behind him.

"You gonna cry, faggot? Do you need frog-face to come give you a kiss?" Troy teased, him and James walking away.

Will just sat on the ground, his hazel eyes glossy with tears.

Mike walked over to Will and kneeled down.

"Are you okay?"

Will nodded and Mike let out his hand, to which Will grabbed onto.

"Don't listen to them, Will." Dustin said.

"Yeah, they're just a bunch of jerks with nothing better to do." Lucas added.

Each of them hopped on their bike and began biking.

It was Friday, so they decided to go on a little adventure to kick off the new weekend.

___

All four boys arrived by the woods, they each set their bikes down and began walking.

They began walking, leaves of many colors crunching with every step.

Will didn't feel much earlier, but now, his head started to hurt more and he started becoming slightly lightheaded.

He closed his eyes, his hands holding his head as it throbs.

He wasn't aware of the the tree roots under him and so, he tripped.

"—Woah!" Will blurted out.

Mike, Dustin, and Lucas all turn around quickly, but their friend was not there. All there was, was a huge pile of leaves.

"Will?" Mike questioned.

"Where'd he go?!" Dustin asked.

"I-I don't know! I didn't see!" Mike responded, his voice growing concerned.

Shortly after, noises came from the pile of leaves. Will groaned in pain, slowly rising up from the leaves.

"I tripped." He said.

"I'm so glad you're okay, you had us for a sec." Mike said as he ran over to Will, brushing off the leaves from Will's head and jacket.

While brushing off the leaves, the young ravenette notices blood on the back of his best friend's head.

"Will, your head is bleeding!" Mike shouted.

Dustin and Lucas look at each other with confusion and concern.

Mike wrapped his arm around Will's shoulder, holding him close.

"Okay guys, change of plans." Mike began.

"We're gonna stop by the treehouse first! We'll go after we fix up Will."

Dustin and Lucas agreed and they all started walking once more.

___
Treehouse 3:17pm

After everyone had climbed up the treehouse, they each sat down. Mike went to get the first aid kit.

There were two small beanbag chairs and a rug. Dustin and Lucas sat in the beanbag chairs chatting away, while Mike and Will sat crisscross on the rug.

Mike poured some rubbing alcohol on a small gauze and began lightly dabbing it on Will's injury.

Will's shoulders tensed, as the alcohol stung.

"Okay, now you can turn around."

Will turned around, now facing Mike. There was a small scratch on his cheek that he had gotten when he tripped.

The taller boy leaned close, dabbing the gauze on Will's cheek. Will's face scrunched all up, it hurt for Will, but for Mike it was kind of cute.

"Don't worry, I'm almost done." The ravenette smiled.

After a moment, Mike leaned away from Will's face, setting the gauze down and grabbing some bandages.

Mike unraveled the bandages and began wrapping them around Will's head, moving some of his hair out of the way.

"Done!" Mike grinned, proud of his work.

He then noticed that Will's scratch was still bare, so he grabbed a bandaid from the kit and leaned close once more.

One by one, he removed the two pieces of paper that covered the sticky part of the bandaid and then he pressed it gently over Will's cheek.

Mike looked into Will's eyes with awe, his soft pink cheek still in his hand, his buttery lips slightly agape.

The ravenette, too, was beginning to turn red. Butterflies erupted into his stomach.

After a minute, he realized what he had been doing and quickly leaned away.

"Now, I'm done." He said.

The brunette's cheeks curved into a small smile. The ravenette returned the smile.

The rest was history.

_____
Hi. Sorry for being sooo inconsistent. I know this wasn't super long but I hope you enjoyed it.
Edit: I moved this story to the top because it's my favorite one :) 10.12.22

885 words
9/3/22