𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗍

This takes place at the end of season 2. I've always wondered how Mike would react if he were there during the exorcism of Will.

___
Hopper's Cabin 9:31pm

Will began waking up. His face full of confusion as pairs of eyes from all around the room stared at him.

Waiting.

"What's happening?" He asked, his head lifting off the pillow as he discovered his chained arms and legs.

"It hurts!" He said, the heat starting to kick in.

The room was filled with heat, a thick, pale fog clouding Will's vision. Everyone watched as the boy struggled.

"IT HURTS, OH IT HURTS!" He cried out.

Mike found himself gripping onto Nancy's shirt.

The mattress shook and soon one of Will's hands were free from the chain.

Johnathan noticed immediately and went to hold him down, his other hands and feet and free as well.

Joyce joined in, pushing her son down with all her might until Will's small hand grabbed her by the throat, choking her.

Johnathan attempted to pry Will's hand off of his mother but it was to no avail.

Joyce's face began to turn red and dark veins and tendrils clawed up Will's neck.

Nancy ran over to the fire and got a fire poker, being sure to get it nice and hot before stabbing Will on the side with it.

Will cried out even louder and even more, a dark, thick cloud emerging from his body like a tornado.

Will's back arched as the rest of the monster left his body, flying right into the door and out into the night.

Nancy went after it, but soon discovered it was too late.

Mike turned off the heat and ran straight to Will's bedside, as Joyce shook the limp boy.

His eyelids were dark and purple, and his skin was pale. His brown hair stuck to his sweaty forehead.

"Will!" She called.

No answer.

She shook Will some more.

No answer.

Joyce stepped away from the bed and began to cry. Johnathan turned away, almost as if he were about to throw up.

Nancy tried to comfort Johnathan and Joyce soon turned away as well.

Mike got on the bed and began shaking Will, his head falling limp on the pillow each time.

"Will, come on!" Tears from Mike's face fell onto Will's.

Still no answer.

He gave up, slowly breaking down.

Mike began to cry as he gripped onto Will's shoulders.