Six

Hey Everyone! I've been trying to keep the author's notes to a minimum to give you a clean reading experience but I'm just so excited! Thank you so much for reading The Blind Date Agreement, it means the world to me. It's one of the most fun books I've ever written, and this chapter might be my favorite. It's so ridiculous, it kind of got away from me a bit as I was writing, but I love it lol! I hope you enjoy it, and if you do, please like and comment, I love reading them! Enjoy !

***

The nerves hit when I park my car in front of La Mesa Mexican Restaurant. I told Kalani I didn't want Arthur to have my number, lest we have another incident like I did with Jay, so we're doing this the old fashion way. Emi convinced me that this date couldn't possibly be worse than my last date, and she didn't even know the half of it (specifically the part about him calling out my crush on Emmett), so I wasn't too nervous. But now, gathering my cross body purse and walking through the parking lot, I am nervous, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm scared it's going to be worse than my date with Jay, or scared it'll be better.

I decided on a short jean skirt and a nice purple crop top for today's date, and when I put on matching purple panties, my thoughts wandered to Jay. 'What color are your panties today? Jean material?' he would ask, and I'd have the satisfaction of saying no, they're not. He's never encountered me in jeans before, and I had laughed at the thought of stumping him.

My phone vibrates—it's a text from Jay. Have fun on your date! Hope he gets paid.

I scoff. It's like he knew I was just thinking about him. I put my phone away without responding and enter the restaurant.

"Hello, reservations under Arthur," I tell the hostess. The restaurant has Spanish music playing, and my hips casually sway to the beat on their own. There's traditional Mexican decorations everywhere, and a beautiful mural of a woman covers the wall closest to me. The lighting is dim, but not as dim as Murphey's.

"Right this way," she smiles and leads me through the dining area.

Like last time, I scan the tables, looking for a familiar face. I never figured out who Arthur was, but mostly because I didn't care enough to try.

She stops in front of a table, and a boy quickly stands up.

"Here you are," the hostess says, then turns to leave.

Arthur's about my height, and he's in a suit. It's not a nice tux, it's a generic suit that looks slightly too big for him. It's not exactly appropriate for our setting and he's completely overdressed, but who am I to judge? He looks like he's trying, and I can appreciate that.

"Carina, h—hi," he swallows nervously and sticks his hand out for me.

"Nice to meet you," I reply, shaking his hand. He holds on for longer than necessary and I gently extract my hand, casually wiping it on my skirt to get his sweat off it. His eagerness is endearing, but a little off-putting. We sit on opposite sides of the table, but there are three place settings. It must be a mistake, but I don't point it out.

"When Kalani told me she wanted to set us up on a date, I couldn't believe it," Arthur says, staring at me with eyes full of wonder.

Arthur's not exactly my type, but then again, Emmett's my type and Kalani's not going to set me up with him. Arthur's hair is short and blonde, not floppy, brown, or curly enough for my taste, his eyes are brown instead of ocean blue, framed by black-rimmed glasses. All of his qualities alone would make him cute, sure, but to someone who's been staring at Emmett all day every day for the last three years, he's not what I'd prefer, but I have to get over that because that's my issue, not Arthur's.