Seven (part 2)

A/N: Hey Everyone! I hope you've been enjoying The Blind Date Agreement so far! It's so much fun to write. I know Carina is so frustrating at times but I promise we need and love that ~character development~ lol. This is a nice and long chapter and I think it's so fun, I just love Jay. I hope you enjoy it. Please vote and comment if you do <3

***

The night is fresh, and a cool breeze brushes my hair off my bare shoulders as we cross the walk through the quiet neighborhood. Ralph's party must be huge, because there are so many cars we had to park almost three blocks away. The walk is good though, especially since the car ride felt stifling and the air is helping clear my head.

"Ralph invited practically the entire school, and most people from your school too," Daphne says as kids converge and walk in the same direction as us.

"Aren't the cops cracking down on house parties and charging kids with underage drinking now that it's getting warmer?" I ask.

Emmett nods. "Yeah. Last week a party of about one-hundred people in a house was busted and they managed to charge 40 people. They're really cracking down after that fire incident at that party in April."

I knew this before I left. My parents warned me too. Mom even went so far as to suggest I wear converse instead of heels so I can run faster, and Dad told me his cell is on, but neither told me not to come, so I'm not too worried about it. Plus, if it was real trouble, Emmett would put his foot down. But he's not discouraging us from going, even though he's not drinking and volunteered to be the designated driver, as usual. So I put on my full face of makeup, stupidly high stiletto heels, tight white dress, and promised myself I'd have fun.

"Oh, relax," Emi waves us off. "We'll be fine. If the cops come, just run, they won't find us."

I try not to laugh at that, because out of all of us, she'll be the one the cops spot in a crowd. Daphne's in a white shirt and red pants, Kalani's in a deep blue designer dress, and Emmett's looking drool worthy in a white dress shirt and pants. Compared to us, Emi's almost impossible to ignore, with her short purple hair and wearing a dress made entirely of sequins paired with combat boots. If the cops want to find her, they will. She's a floating disco ball.

I have to stop myself from glancing at Emmett the entire time. He really does look drool worthy tonight with his floppy curls styled away from his face. The two of us match, but I bite my lip to stop from imagining us as a cute couple who match outfits with each other.

"For once, I agree with Emi," Kalani says, twisting her long black hair over her shoulder. "Just relax. It's a miracle someone was home to watch Maleah or I wouldn't have even been able to come out. So let's make the most of it, okay?"

"Of course, babe," Emmett says, wrapping his arm around her waist, forcing me to quickly glance away.

Ralph's house is smack dab in the middle of a subdivision, and grass only separates his house from his neighbors by about two feet on either side. I have no idea how no one is complaining about the noise, because we could hear it from about a block away. Kids are piled on his driveway and lawn, all holding beer cans or red solo cups. Compared to everyone in their jeans and t-shirts, we might have dressed up a bit too much. But in our defense, we've only been to Oakwoods parties, and everyone dresses up for those.

Once we're in the house, the music blasts us from all directions. Bodies are packed in the small hallway, and you can tell who's from Oakwoods because we're the ones dressed like we're going to a club instead of a house party. At least the four of us, plus Daphne, don't stand out too much now.

Emi grabs Daphne's hand and leads her through the crowd. Emmett does the same for Kalani, and I trail behind, feeling every bit the fifth wheel I am. Emi marches right into the kitchen where the keg is and pours some into four red solo cups, passing them to me, Daphne, and Kalani. I clink glasses with the three girls and take a drink of the warm beer before grimacing. No one else seems to mind though, so I pretend warm beer doesn't taste appalling and take another sip.