Lurking Danger

"What are you doing!? Get back inside the bathroom!"

"No! If you die I die remember!?"

"Huh? What are you talking about!? You're gonna end up hurt! Go hide now!"

"I said no! I'm not going anywhere without you!"

"Why are you so stubborn!?"

"Why can't you just listen!?"

He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back towards the bathroom when suddenly someone called out his name in an eerie voice. We both turned back only to see a man around our age dressed in black and holding a gun.

"Who are you? What do you want with us!?" I angrily shouted as Larry immediately pulled me behind him.

"I was sent to remind your brother about the deal he made with my boss..Just a friendly reminder to keep his word over the case" he said while wickedly smirking at Larry.

"My brother hasn't been home for over a year..What case are you talking about?" Larry angrily replied as I raised an eyebrow of confusion.

"That doesn't concern you..But don't worry after I'm done with you tonight..He'll show his face around"

"Don't hurt him! Please!" I desperately pleaded as I grabbed onto Larry's arm trying to pull him back. However if there was something that was still the same about him, it was precisely being a hothead macho type of guy. He never backed down from a fight or ignored aggressive confrontations.

"Do whatever you want with me but you have to let her go"

"Haha you're giving me orders? You got some balls pretty boy"

"I told you I'm not leaving you!" I said to him while tightly holding onto his arm. He whispered back "You need to trust me. Make a run for it...NOW".

I didn't have time to debate on whether I should listen to him or not. So as soon as I heard him say NOW I ran while turning back to see him. I then noticed the guy get distracted as he aimed his gun at me. That gave Larry a perfect shot to make a move towards him.

He high-kicked the gun out of his hand as if he was a ninja from an action movie. I stopped running and made my way back while Larry chased after the guy. He had finally caught him as I watched both of them fall onto the ground and began to fight one another.

I desperately looked around for an object I could use to help Larry when my eyes caught the gun laying on the floor. I had never fired one before but the adrenaline and worry that was now taking over me made me react quickly without hesitating.

The guy had managed to throw Larry on his back and was now choking him. I ran towards them as I gave out a loud warning shout "Get off him or I'll shoot!". While his hands were tightly holding onto Larry's neck he turned to look at me. With an evil grin forming on his face he replied "You'll have to kill me first and quite frankly I don't think you have the guts to do it".

My eyebrows narrowed furiously as I glared at him. "You're wrong..To save him I definitely have the balls to do it". I fired two shots against his back striking him near the right shoulder which unfortunately weren't enough for him to let go of Larry. So the third bullet went straight to his head.

I stood still without a single shake in my entire body as Larry gasped for air while making his way to me. He slowly took the gun away from my hands and called out my name but I went blank.

I couldn't move nor talk at all. Suddenly I fainted.
.

.
"I'm glad you're awake now" Larry's serious tone echoed in my ears as I slowly opened my eyes. I noticed we were inside a hotel room now.